"What's up with you?" Reuben questioned, causing Vlad and Nik to pause their conversation aswell.

"I have no one to go to that stupid thing tomorrow with." I replied in an annoyed tone. Who was Joziah going with though? That was the question.

"You mean the mid year dance?" Nikolai questioned, I nodded, he had heard of the demon event aswell.

"I'd go with you, as friends, but me and Vlad have a business trip tomorrow." He explains and I sigh.

As I'm about to reply someone cuts me off in a smug tone.

"I'll go with you."

I turn around, startled, and my first instinct is to smack the person. Unfortunately, my wrist is caught mid air and I stare into the familiar blue eyes.

"Why are you so annoying, and I've only known you for a day?"

"Why aren't you afraid of me?"

I grin up at him,"Because, Blaze, you're just a soft little teddy bear with a scary exterior."

He rolls his eyes, pulling me closer to him by my wrist,"I assure you, Victoria, there is nothing soft about me."

With that, he backs away, letting go of my wrist and leaving the room. From the corner of my eye I see Reuben spit out the juice he was drinking and Nikolai doesn't bother hiding his shock. Vlad just looks at his phone, amusement resting on his features.

I stand still, dumbstruck, until Adrian walks in with an unknowing smile.

"What are we doing for your birthday tomorrow?" He asks and I half return to my senses.

"My what-" oh, I had forgotten entirely about my birthday. The same day as- the dance. How lovely.

"I don't even know. I'm just turning fifteen, not a big deal."

He looks down at me in confusion but I am stopped from explaining why I didn't really care about my birthday when my phone rings.

Incoming call - Grace.

I swipe up to answer the call and she begins speaking immediately.

"Hey, look, you don't deserve to have this shit unloaded on you but I underestimated how much Colt likes you. I think you should bring someone tomorrow. If he knows he doesn't have a chance he will stop, with reluctance of course but you need to show him he has no chances." She explains quickly and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"I already know you don't understand but this has happened before, please bring someone Victoria." Her words sounded kind but I could hear a warning within them.

"Okay..." everyone in the room eyes me suspiciously, "Of course, I'll see you there!" I say with an overly happy tone to get them off my back. Grace hangs up after saying her goodbye.

"What was that about?" Vladimir asks.

I shake my head, cursing myself for the decision I was about to make, "I don't even know, but, do you know where Blaze went."

"Probably outside."

I reluctantly slide the glass door open earning a look from Wyatt when I squeaks, interrupting his spongebob marathon.