twelve

"Wake up

"Wake up."

"Child."

"Wake up."

I groaned, throwing a pillow at whoever was deterring my sleep. For once I was focused on sleeping till 12pm.

"You have school."

I opened one eye, seeing Wyatt standing next to me with a smirk. I huffed, swinging my legs off the bed and standing up with tired eyes. After ushering him out the room I took a quick shower.

My ribs weren't healed completely but the sickly purple bruise had died down, I guessed another week or so and I'd be able to stop taking the pain killers. After drying my hair and changing in one of my signature hoodies, I walked downstairs to grab some breakfast.

Everyone apart from Reuben and Alexi were seated, eating toast or in Damon's case, arguing with Adrian. I picked the last plate up and sat down next to Creed.

"What the fuck are you going on about?" Damon shouted, standing from his seat while Adrian remained calm, but I could see his frustration peeking through that demeanor.

What they were talking so civilised about, I dont know but once Adrian caught me watching their interaction he shut down the entire conversation while Damon sent me a sharp glare.

We ate in silence for the rest of the time before we arrived at school. My brothers escorted me into the school but then had to leave for a football meeting or something like that.

I spotted Hunter talking to another guy at the end of the hall. Pushing my nerves back, I casually walked over. He caught my eyes and turned with a smile.

"Tori." He grinned, causing the other guy go turn.

"Hey." I smiled back, not having a clue what to say next. After not seeing your best friend for two years, the relationship falters I guess. An awkward silence later, he spoke.

"Urm, well, Rowan this is Victoria, Tori this is Rowan." He introduced. I smiled politely, shaking hands with the brown haired, blue eyes boy.

"Victoria." A voice called. I looked over my shoulder seeing Grace heading toward me, out of breath. She placed her hands on her knees, trying to choke out words.

"What's wrong?" I asked, waiting for her to calm down.

"Colt," she wheezed out, trying to calm her breathing. I guessed she ran here. I thought back to what he had told me the previous day and saw the look in Grace's eyes.

"Shit. Where is he?" I questioned quickly. I still didn't know why she came to me but I wouldn't be letting anyone ruin their lives.

"Outside, I- where the football team practices." She said. I took of in a run, hearing steps following me but I didn't turn around to see who. I knew if my brothers were there they wouldn't be pleased though.

Once I made it outside I saw a crowd of people and internally cursed. On my way down the steps, I noticed the team, including my brothers, standing idly by the side. Callan saw me, his unbothered eyes seemingly more alert.

I wasn't going to do something stupid, I didn't think. Though I did push through the crowd. As soon as I made it through my hand was gripped. I snapped my head to the side, calming when I noticed it was only Kai.

"He told you, didn't he." Kai said, I knew what he meant and nodded immediately, not taking my eyes of the scene unfolding.

"We can't do anything." He stated, regret flashing through his eyes.

"What, and let him get put back in juvie." I exasperated, trying to pry my hand from his grip.

He didn't respond and shifted from foot to foot. The boy Colt was pummeling for a reason I didn't know, was barely looking alive and I had to do something quick.

Brothers. Yes, brothers.

I ran back through the crowd, spotting them running toward where I was anyway. I met them halfway blurting my words out.

"You need to stop them." I said quickly.

"Why?" Damon asked. Was he- whatever.

"Please just stop them." I pleaded, looking back.

"Alright." Callan said and I smiled gratefully, following him through. Everyone seemed to quieten when he walked through and pulled Colt off the boy.

I released a sigh of relief and thanked him. Kai spoke to Colt, presumably trying to calm him down as the bell rang. I groaned, ready for beg again after the events and trudged of to my class.

From the corner of my eye, Colt sent me a grateful glance and I smiled back. Arriving in class, I sat down resting my head in my hands.

The chair next to me was pulled out and lifted my head seeing it was only Hunter. I didn't think he had maths with me.

The teacher soon came in and a word was not exchanged as we listened to the different topics on math. I didn't understand a thing so I took notice that Hunter looked like he was building up to say something.

"What?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow amused.

"Well I-, You know-, I haven't seen you in two years do you want to hang out?" He asked quickly, rubbing the back of his neck.

On the inside I was dying of happiness. I didn't know what my brothers had against him but he was my best friend and I wasn't letting the opportunity slip.

"Sure."
_______________________________________

Hunter

He's a year older than Victoria and yes I know he doesn't look 15

He's a year older than Victoria and yes I know he doesn't look 15. 💀 But he is how I picture him to look.

Hope you enjoyed reading!