fourteen

We had been at the park for about half an hour and I caught up with Hunter

We had been at the park for about half an hour and I caught up with Hunter. I told him about my father and step-mother, how I moved in with my brothers and Alexi was now my legal guardian.

In return, he told me he had to move because his mom was ill and needed to be hospitalized here in New York but something in me told me he was lying.

"So do you think it was an accident?" Hunter asks, curiosity lacing his tone.

"What?" I ask.

"Your fathers car crash." He explains. My eyes widen slightly and I raise a brow. Even if it wasn't, who would want to do that. The both of them kept themselves to themselves, no one had a reason to hate them unless that person knew what they did to me.

Even then I doubt anyone would care whether or not I had to go through what I did. Apart from my brothers I guess. Wait, my brothers.

I shake my head pushing the possibility out and change the subject.

"When did you meet Rowan?" I ask, referring to his other friend he brought.

"Somebody called the princess." A voice speaks from next to me, making me jump.

I spin around, looking up at Rowan's 5'11 frame.

"Asshole." I mutter.

He only grins and pulls me into a hug.

"What does the little tori want to know about me." He coos, patting my head like a child.

I shove him away and pat my hair down," Nothing. I've gathered everything, you are an immature idiot." I smile at him.

He scoffs in disbelief, placing a hand over his heart and looks up at me with puppy dog eyes.

Hunter looks between the two of us smirking to himself. I roll my eyes and don't even attempt to imagine what he's thinking. Slapping Rowan upside the head, I give him a grin before skating around the track.

Halfway around the park I decided to talk to Conan since he was doing nothing but standing and scrolling through his phone.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked, tucking my white and black skateboard under my arm.

He turned away from his phone and looked at me with a raised brow.

"I'm a friend of Hunter's." He answers shortly.

"Aswell as my brothers." I replied back to which he showed a brief look of concern. The expression left as fast as it came and he cleared his throat.

"Sure." He rushed out, walking back over to Rowan, their other friend who they brought along.

I catch sight of Creed sitting on one of the ledges, looking at the sky. I smile slightly and make my way over, pulling myself up to sit next to him. Leaning against the railing I cross my legs ans he looks at me with a sigh.

Noticing the familiar battle he was having with himself as he muttered incoherent words out I break the chain.

"What is it?" I ask with a soft tone.

He runs a hand through his hair before looking at me uncertainly.

"Victoria," he starts, ready to tell me something deep but stops," nevermind, we should probably get back before the others do." He finishes abruptly, standing and jumping down effortlessly from the ledge.

I decided not to push the matter further as I knew how hard it was to tell someone something, even family. He extends a hand which I take and land firmly on the ground.

He waits by the entrance as I say goodbye to Hunter and the rest. I agree to meet up again sometime and walk with Creed through New York streets.

Cars drive silently by, streetlights flickering every so often as we continue through the cold night air. The sky is alight with a few stars but pitch black otherwise. Faint lights of the main part of the city glisten in the distance, illuminating the smaller buildings. The breeze brushes my hair as it moves away from my face and flows down my back.

We walk in silence for the next twenty minutes of so until Creed receives a call. He picks up immediately looking down at me with a concerned expression.

"Yeah?"

I hear muffled talking on the other end of the phone and try to listen in.

"She's with me, what's wrong?" He asks, brows furrowing in confusion.

I don't hear what the other person says but I presume it's not good by the way fear flashes in Creed's eyes. And from the short time I've known my brother I've learned alot about them. One thing being they never show their fear of another person.
_______________________________________

Sorry for the long wait :(

I'm hoping to update faster but with school in the way it prohibits my soul activity. Especially maths.