Amiyah hit the button for the elevator. "Um nothing. Never mind", Amiyah said.

So he was lying, Amiyah thought to herself.

"I'm coming going to the courthouse. I still do have a case to handle", Amiyah said.

"Okay", Bianca said. "Talk to you later?"

"Yea", Amiyah replied.

The elevator door opened and Amiyah walked in.

"Bye", Bianca said.

"Bye", Amiyah said before she hung up.

Amiyah came to Dominic's house to tell him somebody way different. But she thought it was no point since she thought that he had a girlfriend. But since he had to lie about it, she thought that he was over her anyways. All she had to go was not do things that made Lamar mad like she had been doing all this time, right?

Once Amiyah got out the building, she got to her car and got in. When she started her car, she got a text message notification. When she looked at it, it was from Lamar. Before she unlocked to her to see the preview of the message, she looked up praying that it wasn't something that she didn't wanna see.

She let the camera see her face, the phone unlocked.

MESSAGE:
Lamar: We'll talk later.

Amiyah looked around to see if she could see his car. She even got out of her car to see if she saw him or his car but she didn't see any sight of him. She looked back at her phone and wondered what he was talking about.

She then got into the car and sat there for a moment before driving off and going to the courthouse.

During Amiyah's case, she didn't do her best but she did win thanks to the evidence she gathered. She was too busy worrying about Lamar and what he was talking about.

The evening had came around and it was time for her to find out. She was already home and Lamar unlocked the door and came in. He had a key to her house. Amiyah was upstairs when she heard him come in, but she stayed upstairs and sat there.

Lamar walked upstairs and found her in her room of course.

Amiyah looked at him. "Hey, baby", she said. "I didn't hear you come in"

Lamar put his keys down. "Yea?", he said.

"Mhm", Amiyah said.

Lamar sat next to her and began kissing her. Amiyah began kissing back until he pulled up.

"So...what did you want to talk about?", Amiyah asked.

"Moving in", he said. "We never finished our conversation about it"

"Oh yea", Amiyah said. So much weight was lifted off her shoulder. She thought that he was talking about being at Dominic's house.

"I mean that's what I planned to talk to about today until I saw that you were at a place other than work", Lamar said.

"Yes, I had to see a client", Amiyah said.

"Client?", he asked.

"Yes", Amiyah said. "He had something for me, that I could use for his case"

Lamar stared at her for a moment. "You weren't with Dominic?", Lamar asked.

"Dominic doesn't even live in Los Angeles. He lives in San Francisco", Amiyah said.

Lamar was quiet. Dominic did move back to Los Angeles after Amiyah and Dominic stopped talking. So, he believed her story.

"Okay", he said.

Amiyah then wondered why he suspected that she was with Dominic. The only way he could suspect that is if he knew where Dominic lived but she didn't understand how.

"So, on with you moving into my house", Lamar said.

"Your house?", Amiyah asked.

"Yea. He's bigger and more spacious", Lamar said. "Our kids are going to need to room to play"

Amiyah nods.

"So, what you think?", Lamar asked

"I think that...you're right", Amiyah said. "It would be a while before I move in because I have to sell the house and pack things and we're both busy and-"

"I get it Miyah. Just as long as it happens", Lamar said. "I'm just ready to spend everyday with you for the rest of my life"

"We do that now", Amiyah said.

"But moving in is different", Lamar said.

Amiyah nods.

"I brought some clothes and I'm about to take a shower, so I can sleep", Lamar said.

"Okay, I'll be up in the next room working on-"

Lamar cut her off. "A case. As always", Lamar said.

Amiyah smiled a little.

Lamar kissed her cheek then got up and walked into the bathroom.

Amiyah got up to read about a new case.

TO BE CONTINUED...