old friend / chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day I woke up in my old bedroom ready for the day to become. Daichi had school today and my mother had work so it left me to have some alone time and visit my old town.

I got ready in some simple clothes and pulled my hair up and out of my face. I was thinking about getting a little exercise but decided against it. I needed to get some writing down for my job, so that was my top priority.

"How am I supposed to know about when this company opened up," I groaned. I had been writing for three hours now and I was so close to being finished. I quickly looked up my question and finished off the article.

I was known in America as my pen name Ivy Green, I never liked to be all out there. Maybe once I published my own book I would let it be known that I was Ivy Green, or got a new job. But for now I was fine with being the undercover, well known interviewer/article writer.

RING! RING! I picked up my phone, but not before mentally cursing, seeing it was my least favorite coworker. I practiced saying hello in english, to make sure I didn't speak Japanese, and answered.

"Hello," I calmly spoke, getting ready to be yelled at.

"Um y/n, WHERE ARE YOU?" My co worker yelled into the phone.

"I'm in Japan, visiting family and working on articles here. I thought I had told you this before I left," I tried to keep my calm. This women was always over exaggerating, it got really annoying after a while.

"Sure you are, are you positive you aren't ditching work?"

"I'm positive, look I have to finish up this article. Why don't we talk another time, Jared will be really mad if I don't get this in,"

"Fineeee, but please do one thing for me!"

"Yes?" I asked annoyed now.

"Tell me who Ivy Green is, I know she or he or whatever work in this office, I need to know. They keep getting more popular by the second and I want to be friends with that attention stealer,"

"I don't know, goodbye Emily," I hung up and sighed. I didn't have any close friends in the office and I never thought my articles would grow popular so I never told anyone about my pen name. The only person who did know was my boss, and I planned to keep it that way.

I quickly emailed my rough draft to my boss, and left the house hoping to just get some fresh air. I walked around the area and soon found a cute tea place and sat down after ordering and receiving my order. 

"This place is so cute," I mumbled, looking around at all the plants.

"Thanks," A girl spoke, taking a seat across from me.

"Do I know you?" I questioned kindly, she looked kind of familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"It's me! Sakura? Don't you remember from highschool? I heard from my younger brother you were back and I work here!" She exclaimed.

Sakura was my best friend in Highschool. We were both very close, you never saw us apart. She helped encouraged me to join the career in writing, my parents had always wanted me to be something more important. Like a doctor, surgeon, maybe even a teacher.

"Sakura!" I yelled, then gave a sorry look to the surrounding customers. "You look so different, wow you are so pretty. Did you ever become a model?"

"Yes actually, I am apart of a company, this is just my side job to help pay bills. How is your writing career?"

"It's going well, I actually came here for it, but a plus is seeing my family and now you!"

"That's great, we all miss you here. The small town girl, gone big. I hope one time I can read one of your things,"

"Me too! Sakura i'm sorry, I kind of left and didn't tell you. When my dad passed and I then got the job offering I took it and ran with it," I give her a sad look. Remembering when that happened was hard and I'm of course still not over it. He was a horrible man, but of course my mother never saw it that way.

"It's okay y/n, really. I remember what you used to say, I don't blame you at all. I'm just happy I get to see you now,"

"Thanks Sakura," I gave her a kind small smile and she reached across the table taking my hand. "I really missed having a friend,"

"Me too, give me your number so we can speak to each other," I wrote down my number on a napkin and handed it to her.

"Hey are you doing anything right now?"

"No, i'm off for the rest of the day, why?"

"Let's go do something we used to always do, let's go back to our highschool!"

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, now come on!" I grabbed her hand and lead her out of the restaurant. We caught up with each other while walking to our old highschool Karasuno. "Here we are! Let's play some volleyball, it's after school hours, maybe a court is empty,"

"Y/n are you sure, I don't think we should be here, I know we graduated here and all but some people might think we are trespassers.

"Never!" I ran holding her hand to the gym. Luckily there were no kids playing currently and I took one of the volleyballs. "This will be fun, come on like old times!" We went into the back closet.

"Hey who are you? Come out, I will call the cops!" A voice yelled, it sounded like a man.

"Fuck," I muttered and Sakura gave me a scared look. "Sorry, we used to go her-"

"Come with me, you're trespassing, you stupid girls. You can't come and steal from this school to buy your boyfriend a new watch," The older male mumbled under his breath. A new watch?

"Hey Seiji, why do you look so mad, who are the girls?" I looked around to be faced with the new male friend I made yesterday.

"Y/n?" Ukai asked, soon grabbing my wrist and pulling me away from the group. He looked at me so intently, like he was truly happy to see me but confused at why I was being dragged to a office.

"Mind helping me out?" I questioned, shooting him a pleading smile.