enough / chapter 18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you repeat that for me?" I questioned, trying to think that what came out of her mouth was a joke and this is all a joke.

"Repeat what?" My aunt tried to play dumb.

"You know what i'm talking about," I deadpanned.

"Oh. We think it would be good for you to get married before... you know... about your mother and she passes," My aunt explained.

"We are not going to force you though," My mother commented, now picking up a newspaper. It was clear that my aunt was the one who convinced her to bring up this topic and opportunity.

"Well, we might not be 'forcing' you. But it would be good for your mother to be able to spend some precious memory with her,"

"What about Daichi, ask him to marry someone," I said, not truly believing what they wanted me to do.

"Y/n, don't be so rude to your mother. Is it so bad that she wants to see her only daughter and eldest get married?"

"It's a little crazy to give me such little time to find a partner and convince them to marry me,"

"You don't have to worry about that. You're a single, beautiful, intelligent young women. We can find you someone who will want a nice housewife and to bear their children," My aunt told me, putting on a fake smile.

"I- Excuse me? I'm not a housewife, I have a very successful job as a writer, I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. Also, who said i'm having kids, you aren't just coming in and controlling my life now just because you couldn't control your own daughters. I'm sorry that she went off and married a gamer and they left for Europe! She knew how controlling you were and had to get away, you can't just do me because soon I won't have a mom!" I ranted, giving her a piece of my mind.

"Y/n!" My mother yelled, putting down her newspaper. "That was very rude to me and your aunt,"

"Y/n, I think you should leave," My aunt added. "If you won't respect your elders and your mothers dying wishes, then you shouldn't be here," I looked at her with a horrified look. I never did like her, always commenting on my appearance and aspirations in life.

"This isn't even my mother speaking, this is you controlling her just like you did during your guy's childhood," I slammed the door and walked outside. Not having a car was going to be a problem so I made my way back to the house. I decided to stop at a nearby park to catch a breath and think through this whole thing they were putting me through.

It's not like I could go up to Ukai and tell him that he has to propose to me soon. I mean who would do that and who would say yes? I like him alot, maybe love him, but marriage seems a little crazy right now. I don't think I can handle all that stress of putting on some wedding and then usually after marriage comes kids. I can barley handle myself sometimes, how would someone expect me to handle a kid?!