The New Queen - Epilogue Part Two

'~-JJ(Jessica)-~'

September 18th, 2033

I stepped onto the stage as the sun reached its peak in the sky.

Millions had gathered far and wide to witness this event. 

I just wished that my parents had been there to see it.

Magi from all over the magic web cheered as I appeared before them.

The grief from my parents' deaths was still fresh in my mind.

I was wearing my family's ceremonial robes. They had been passed down for generations to each ruler.

I gazed out at the crowd, my hands folded neatly in front of my stomach.

"Jessica Divine," Uncle Matt stepped beside me and took my hands in his. The gathering silenced. "I have been with you since you were a little kid. I have watched you grow up into a remarkable young woman." He smiled fondly at me. "You remind me so much of your parents. They will be greatly missed."

I smiled back at him as he continued.

"I am proud to crown you as our new Queen."

I lowered myself down onto one knee, bowing before my uncle. Suddenly, white magic swirled around my head, forming the shape of a crown. After a heartbeat, the crown appeared on top of my head, shining in the midday sun.

"May Irene guide your soul and light your path."

The crowd exploded into cheers as I stood up.

Matt pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Cookie," He whispered into my ear.

"Thank you," I whispered back, tears brimming at my eyes.

With that, I exited the stage, leaving the cheering crowd behind me.

'~-3rd Person-~'

Amelia helped Spencer to his feet.

"I guess this is it," He remarked, taking hold of his wife's translucent hand.

"I guess so," She repeated. They began to walk in the direction of the lake.

Amelia sat in Spencer's lap, her head leaning against his chest.

Suddenly, two figures appeared in the treeline.

"Mom...?" Crystal ran to her mother. Her deceased brother followed closely behind her.

"Crystal." Amelia breathed, encompassing her daughter in a hug. Spencer followed her actions- hugging his son.

"It's good to see you," Crystal smiled at her parents.

"Likewise," Spencer stated with a grin.