Plasma - Chapter Twenty-Four

En başından başla

I cheered silently as it hovered above my hands, emanating a warm light.

With my right hand, I pulled out a vial of the new solution.

"I need your help," I began. "Our enemies have a weapon that could leave us under their rule for thousands of years. I have an antidote here, but I need one more component: your power. So please, bless this vial so that your people may survive."

A moment passed where nothing happened. Then, suddenly, in a flash of light, the clear liquid in the vial turned a magenta color. The solution was complete.

"Thank you, Grandma," I whispered, tossing the relic into the air. Magic burst from its surface as it returned to its resting place under the water.

In my hands was the medicine that would save our people from doom.

'~-Angel-~'

The musky scent of the BAU filled my nostrils as I spun in my chair. I was disguised as Max- Spencer's "girlfriend" of a couple of years. Of course, the real Max wasn't here: she had died five years ago in a house fire. We were lucky that her spirit allowed the system to use her form.

I had come in today because, for the past week, Spencer had been very stressed over a case he worked that went cold. It was a bomber who seemed to have gone dormant after a few small-scale explosions that had killed seven people and paralyzed a little girl.

I watched my husband from across the bullpen. He was twirling his pen between his fingers and biting on it in intervals. Every once in a while, Spencer would write something down and immediately scratch it out. I could tell that he was not dealing with this very well.

The girl who had been paralyzed from the waist down was eleven- which was a little older than our daughter. I understood why this caused him to become so fixated on this case; even when his teammates had moved on.

"Spencer," I cooed, massaging his shoulders with my hands. "I know how upset you are right now. I understand. Just don't stress yourself out too much, okay?" He groaned when I pressed into a certain spot on his upper back. I watched as the stress physically left his body and he relaxed.

"Reu ahn ituwka, mai whusenia."

"Reu pseaque. Te naose leihea."

"Te naose leihea oave, mai whusenia."

"What language is that, Brainiacs?" Luke Alvez teased as he walked towards us.

"It's actually an old language from ancient-"

"Nevermind. I don't wanna know." He smiled kindly, patting my shoulder.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted something dark through the window. Smoke.

"Whusenia?" I asked- accidentally staying in my native tongue.

"Beme?" He asked, again staying in our native language.

"Guys, I can't understand you," Luke complained.