TWENTY FOUR; ❝ THE SNITCH AND THE BITCH ❞

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR;
❝ THE SNITCH AND THE BITCH !

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR;❝ THE SNITCH AND THE BITCH ! ❞

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀A roaring, thumping and hollering audience greeted the Ravenclaw team as they marched onto the pitch, brooms tucked under their right arms and head held high; eyes sharply asserting it all. From the opposite end, the Slytherins literally strolled out with orgulous but also lazy smirks, and proud eyes zeroing in on the blue and bronze.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀It was all nearly freezing, snow was still all over in heaps and piles, lesser than December as snowfall had stopped. The sky was clear but it was a cold icy blue. The air was crisp and death itself—Manon was sure her nose had fallen off from the cold.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀“Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Today, I welcome you all to the second match of the Quidditch Cup, of the year 1977, at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," resonated Dumbledore's voice throughout the stadium. The audience roared impossibly louder.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀"Madam Hooch, if you will," invited Dumbledore and then swiftly sat down.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀Madam Hooch, the hawk eyed woman with spiky grey hair and a severely stern expression, amplified her own voice. “Second match of the year: Slytherin versus Ravenclaw! Both teams, nil to nil.”

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀She turned to the awaiting teams. “Captains, shake hands.” Upon invitation, Regulus Black and Manon Potter, both with hard expressions walked up to where Madam Hooch stood with her quidditch balls crate; the centre of the field.

⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀They did their handshake - stiff, strong and swift. “Players, mount your brooms and on my first whistle, fly up.” The instructions were then followed.