Hugs (Important AU)

Ya'll, I need an assistant writer. Kind of. I know exactly what I want for this story, but look look, I NEED A PROPHECY. I don't have any good prophecy's cause I suck at riddle poems LMAO. If you want to help, uh, then, YK WHAT ADD ME ON INSTAGRAM AND LIKE idk DM ME. You'll be informed on future events and basically you're going to get spoilers. But yeah. It's @ uhvet_z . Yeah. :|  Ok thank you. Enjoy the chapter. I love you :^

Y/N's POV

Leo and I we're the last ones beside Nico to be in the room. Both of us sat on the pool table. Nico had fell asleep beside Jordan, holding his hand gently in his. After the plan was discussed, everyone was confused and worried. 

The entire plan was for Leo and Jordan to go to the Underworld to practice there. It was the best place for them to train since they didn't have to worry about things like killing or hurting people. Everyone there is pretty much dead. People were worried about certain things. For one, I'm sure Jordan wouldn't be happy about not being able to join us on the quest. 

Two, I didn't want to leave Leo. I just got him back. But I felt obligated to join Percy and Nico. Percy was the only family I've had in a long time. I would do anything to make sure he was okay.

Leo and I sat in silence, watching our legs sway by each other. "How do you feel about it?" I asked.

Leo looked up, surprised by the sudden question. "Feel about what?"

"Not being the only one with fire powers," I replied. 

"Honestly, not too great," Leo responded, looking down. "I would never want someone else to have to deal with something like this. Part of me is happy that I can finally share this with someone. But overall, I would take it from him if I could. Get rid of that burden for him." 

"Leo, but you do realize there are perks to your power," I comment. "For one, if you like a girl and you get nervous or excited when you're with her, it'll be easy to find out if you have true feelings for that person. You'd just catch fire and boom, they know they're being loved." 

Leo laughs at that, meeting my eyes. "I do have to admit, I'm not too fond of going to the Underworld. I was hoping we could use a secluded place in the forest, away from the camp. But I suppose it's for the best. Less damage." Leo looks down again, this time turning to the same place I was staring. Our hands, which were beside each other on the pool table. 

"Another perk is you're always warm, no matter how cold it might be," I said, looking up. "November is coming up soon and I'm sure despite the weather change, you feel pretty good." 

"Yeah, I guess. Have you been getting cold?" Leo questioned. 

"Yeah." I look at the goosebumps on my arm. "I'm cold right now. I left my sweater at my cabin." 

Leo dropped down from the pool table and stood right in front of me, holding up his arms. "Um.."

I laugh and pull his arms so they wrap around my body. I'm instantly engulfed in heat. I lean my head against his chest and his head lays upon mine. I can feel his curls tickling my forehead, making me smile. 

"I missed you, Fire Boy," I murmured into his shirt. 

"I missed you too, Water Girl," he whispered back. "Can we please stay like this for a bit?" 

I nod my head. I had to pack, I had to get ready for the quest. I needed to see Percy in a few minutes to discuss quest plans with him and Nico. But right now, this was all I needed.

Nico's POV 

I woke up just as Y/N and Leo were leaving. They were hand-in-hand, quietly passing by me. I turned to Jordan. He seemed to be waking up. His eyes fluttered open. He looked around a bit and noticed I was beside him, holding his hand. 

He quickly moved away from me and sat up, a look of terror and guilt on his face. 

"Hey, hey," I said, trying to reassure him. "It's okay. You're safe.

"I don't care if I'm safe," he replied. "How is everyone else? Please tell me I didn't kill anyone." 

He looked at me with pleading eyes and tears threating to escape. His light brown, almost hazel irises were glowing with hidden anger. 

"No, you didn't kill anyone, but a lot of people were hurt," I replied quietly. "But it's okay, the Apollo kids are working on it." 

Jordan looked down at his hands, those tears finally escaping. "I thought I would be able to keep it in longer." 

I grab both of his hands and he turns to me. His cheeks are tinted red, but I assume that's from crying, not from my sudden contact. 

"We have a plan to train you," I informed him. "Leo, your older brother, is going to help you control  your powers."

"My older brother?" Jordan looked lost and confused before finally realizing. "Oh, Leo! I'm a son of Hephaestus! Leo has the same power! I'm... I'm not alone." 

"No, of course not." I sit up on the couch beside him, still cradling his hands in both of mine. His fingers were smaller than mine and very warm. "You were never alone. Look, let me get Leo and we'll talk about what's going to happen, okay?" 

Jordan nods his head. I let go and get up, about to get Leo. Just as I'm about to step up, I feel warm arms wrap around my waist behind me. I'm shocked and I don't move. 

"Thank you for not hating me," he whispered into my back. He lets go quickly. 

"Y-Your welcome," I replied, walking away. 

Why's my heart beating so fast?