𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

DREAM'S POV
We part our ways into the sunset and I know it's fine. Everybody's houses are fairly near and nothing should happen. Even with that in mind, I can't help but to be anxious. It's a premonition that holds no actual meaning; just the nerve-racking anxiety I keep to myself. The thought reassures me slightly.

As soon as I arrive home, I immediately go up the stairs and into my room, ignoring the concerned shouts from downstairs. I don't want to deal with Mum right now. I know it's selfish but I can't help it! She treats me like I'm a toddler, like I'm weak and it's so frustrating and embarrassing!

She underestimates me and I know she only has good intentions but it's hard to see rationally when all you want to do is shut out the world.

I chuck my bag in the general direction of the desk before I flop onto my bed. It's refreshingly soft and I let myself get comfortable, sinking into the blankets. I take out my phone, checking my social media, WhatsApp and whatever other notifications I have.

I scroll through WhatsApp, nobody's messages particularly standing out except George, Sapnap and surprisingly, Techno. I go through George's first.

Gogy

Add snow men to your bucket list

and lets go see the new movie in the cinema

I smile at the messages as I make a mental note to add that. I reply with a snarky comment.

and my bucket lists says ill get one of you to confess by the end of the year

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's funny how things work. I had a crush on George when I was younger but that slowly subsided when I realized I wouldn't always be here. I can say something though, Sapnap has always had a mild crush on George and it seems like George has finally realized it. It's an unspoken law, we don't mention it with all three of us there.

SappyNapkins

heY

Mum wants to know if your mums up for movie night with georges mum too

and also goodnight

I give a small frown. I could just tell Mum about the invitation via text but I want to tell her in person. I set the thought aside for later.

I leave my comfort to go sit at my desk. I pull out a spare, new notebook from a drawer and write in big, plain letters, 'bucket list'. I have this fun idea that in the first few pages, I write down my bucket list and after that, I write about what I did for the idea with dates and all.

I keep writing, motivation practically fueling me, for another good fifteen minutes. I get interrupted by a gentle knock on the door, followed by the soft clang of a tray being placed onto the ground. I listen, footsteps slowly receding before I take a peek from inside.

There's a warm meal waiting for me, steam still rising from the dish: two, nicely-cooked sausages, a pile of smooth mash, peas and for dessert, some orange jelly with small chunks of fruit.

I take the tray to my desk, pushing aside today's work. I eat the meal in silence, occasionally prodding at the food with my fork. I eat for maybe thirty minutes. I spend the rest of the afternoon doing nothing in particular, the motivation from earlier seemingly vanished.

I look over to my clock and opt to sleep a little earlier than usual today. I head to the bathroom where I take some more medicine, brush my teeth, wash my face and go back to my room the moment I'm done.

I change out of my hoodie and school attire, slipping on a much comfier set of pajamas. I slip into my duvet, and with the simple click of a button on my phone, the lights are off.