Between his casual flirting he had noticed Zoya leave the hall and had followed her after she didn't return after twenty minutes. He panicked seeing her trembling on the bench. He thought it was because of the cold but when he got closer he saw her glistening with sweat beads covering her face and neck.

Panic surge through him as he shook her few times but then called her loudly making her jump out of whatever trance she was in.

"I just got tired of all the faces and people" she shrugged scooting alittle away from him. He let her take his shawl with her as he stared ahead of them.

He hummed in response. His eyes staring at the stars that lined the sky with diamonds. The dark sky looked surreal with the twinkling dots.

"What are you doing here away from your potential girlfriends?" She teased nudging him with her elbow. He smiled a little. The dimple on his right cheek came into view. His boyish feature highlighted by the fairy lights.

"She got tired of faces and people" he pouted making her look at him with a bored expression.

"Haha. Very funny Jhanzaib" she laughed sarcastically.

"What if I'm not joking, then?" he said leaning forward making her breath hitch. The wind was coming to a slow stop as it looked at the scene with keen interest.

A pair of grey eyes froze on them as they flared up with a flame unknown to the owner. The amount of times he had over heard aunties speaking to his mom and Chacho about her, and showing their interest in her was overwhelming for him. Zahan walked out only to have himself enraged.

His nostrils flared seeing her cocooned in Jhanzaib's shawl. Their closeness. He wanted to rip Jhanzaib away from her but she had already done that herself. He stomped inside the house. His anger knew no bounds, he wanted to teach her a lesson but with what right. The whole time he couldn't remove the picture of them gazing into eachother's eyes.

Jhanzaib's gaze made her cheeks flare up as a faint blush covered them. Zoya tucked a strand of hair behind her ear feeling conscious of his unwavering eyes. He winked at her and burst out laughing.

"You should've seen yourself. Oh God that was gold" he laughed making her fine in anger. She got up harshly and walked away from him.

"Insaan ke Bache ban jao Jhanzaib" she said slapping his head harshly.
(Get back in your senses Jhanzaib)

"Pagal aurat" he yelled making her crumble his shawl and throw it at his face.
(Crazy woman)

"Ajeeb" Zoya walked away making him shake his head and smile at her retreating back.
(Weirdo)

"Ammi jaan" he sang going inside the house with a mission. He swayed inside smiling like a lunatic to find his mother. The function was finished and all the guest had already left. Time flew by with the speed of light.

⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️⚛️

Zoya ran inside her heart beating like she had just ran a marathon. She leaned against the door heaving a sigh of relief.

"What were you doing with Jhanzaib?" Zoya jumped on the sudden deep voice that resounded in her room. She had just entered and closed the door behind her when his voice scared her.

"Einstein. Are you nuts what are you doing in my room?" She yelled knowing well the room was sound proof.

"Jhanzaib ke saath kia karrahi thi tum?" He yelled making her flinch and plaster herself against the door. He staked towards her making her gulp. She had never seen him this angry or deadly before.
(What were you doing with Jhanzaib?)