Chapter 14:

N/A: Thank you sooo much, for 300 views lovelies <3

<Third Perspective, Elizabeth>

"Mother, I'll be leaving now!" Elizabeth hallowed, making sure her voice was projected all the way to the old room; sitting longingly beside an open kitchen. 

"Yes dear, take care." Mother soon replied, after a moment of quiet. 

Elizabeth squeezed Neo's tiny hands in hers, and went on descending the mountain; without taking a glance back to the secluded, crumbling house. 

The pulsing heartache didn't allow her to. 

The bamboo trunks shook at their tips, and the small moss on nearby rocks started to luminate a fresh, sunrise-yellow just as the flaring sun rose. Like the day before, the moss had been put beside the flame of a candle, before they were extinguished with the fall of night.

Elizabeth's arms entangled themselves around Neo's chubby belly, which wiggled with every step; the slight rippling jiggle, that delighted, and comforted her inner turmoil. 

The route, had more or less turned into a tunnel; if you will. 

Over the years, the neglected growth of the bamboo had caused them to arch over, and frankly, it was what you would imagine as the gateway for a fairies utopia. It had become much ethereally finical, that it would never be able to truthfully conjure in one's imagination, but in it's actual existence.

The normal sunlight leaked through its many cracks, and softly seeped through like tofu in a cutting grid; sliced into fractions of its whole self. All while the sun obediently followed above with Elizabeth's fastening pace; crisply cut by the occasional over heading trunks ever-so often.

Elizabeth had no worries in her eyes, but in her throat, had a lingering knot. 

Mother's illness has always been a mystery. 

No one understood what it was, and no one wanted to know what it was. 

They all said to wait for her death; without remorse

The strange blue veins that once, prematurely stretched from the start of her tailbone, had now  extended its grasp around her waist, and all the way to her neck; clutching her airways like hands. 

The earthy veins, elongated under her skin, and seemed out of reach; far away from recovery. 

"Mama..." 

"Yes dear?" Elizabeth hastily responded.

"Where... Are we going?" 

Elizabeth smiled, quickly fixing the unknown expression she had before.

Stopping in her tracks, she meekly nudged closer to his ear, teasingly whispering; "We're going on a trip-" 

"Where?" 

Elizabeth planted a small peck on Neo's cheeks, before continuing with a chuckle; 

"The continent of Lyre, is made out of five major cities, remember?-"

"No." 

"... Well-" 

"No-" 

"Basicall-" 

"No."