Sugar Baby

Beam POV

I stopped working as a waiter in the hotel because I was earning more as a callboy in the gaybar. I have more control over my time too and gave me mor time to study. I made an agreement with Mommy Betong to have that kind of set-up as long as I come twice a week. It's up to me to come more often than that if I wanted to.

Papa visits me at my boarding house and he's proud and happy that I continued to med school, thought I didn't mention what my side hustle was. I had surplus of money so I was able to buy all my needs including a new cellphone for myself and an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Using my newfound free time, I was able to give more time to her and our relationship returned to what it was the first time around.

I experienced a lot after my first two nights at the bar. Some offerred to take me home with them but I didn't accept it. I was good with having different customers because I don't want to be on a leash. I also gave away my personal number to some customers for easy booking of my services. As long as they agree to my price, I'm happy to service them. Besides, as a medical student, I knew the risks of my job so I made some pre-cautions. I will never have sex without protection and I'm pretty strict about hygiene. No pay is good until those two requirements were fulfilled.

On my girlfriend's birthday, we planned to have dinner outside to celebrate. She was waiting in my room while I was bathing. When I came out, I saw her reading something on my phone.

"Beam, do you have somewhere to go to by 9PM later?" She asked.

"No, I don't recall any other appointments today except for our celebratory dinner for your birthday." I said while drying my naked body with a towel.

She looked at me with a hint of disdain. "Where do you really work Beam? Why do you seem to have loads of money? Where are you earning all of it?"

"I'm earning them from the tips in the hotel's resturant." I answered non-chalantly as I wore my underwear. I've rehearsed this lie a million times.

"Don't lie Beam." She said grimly.

"What do you want me to say when I'm really just works as a waiter? What's seems to be the problem? Why are you acting like that?"

She threw my cellphone at me. "There! Read your latest message!"

"Beam, you have a booking later with Khun Lorie. He'll pick you up at your place by 9PM." The message said and the sender was Mommy Betong.

I tried to hide my shock. "Maybe it was just a message sent on a wrong number and it's not really intended for me." I feigned ignorance.

"Beam... The message addressed you as Beam. Who is this Beam then? Unless you have changed your name that I know nothing about?!" She fired back. "Why won't you tell me the truth? Why are you keeping your work a secret?"

My girlfriend was sobbing while saying those words. I sat beside her and rounded an arm on her. "Sorry if I lied to you because I don't want you to know of my true source of income. I'm a callboy. At first I was hired as a waiter but when customers had their eyes on me, I took it as a chance to earn more. My expenses are substantial considering I have to may for rent, food, and my med school."

She stood up and I dittoed her. I embraced her thinking that I finally got that out of my chest when she suddenly pushed me away. After removing the engagement ring on her finger and throwing it at me, she said, "There! I'm returning that ring to you! We are over!"

T/N: You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! I know people who are like this.

She ran out of the boarding house. I wasn't able to ran after her immediately because I was still not dressed. When I got out of the door she was already gone.