"Happy birthday to you." And now they're all singing. I spoke with Nina as I shaved in the bathroom. She seemed to be doing really well. "I've missed you so much." "I've missed you all so much!" She says back. "Hey, close the door a sec." she says and I did as she asked. "How's Elle been?" "She's been okay." "Yeah?" I nodded. It wasn't a lie. She was doing okay just a few things have happened. "She said that people found out we were sisters...has she been okay with that?" I nodded focusing as I ran the blade along my neck. "She's dealing with it best she can." "Promise." "Promise." "Paul said you've been looking after her?" "Trying." "Thank you... I appreciate it." "You know I'd do anything for her." "Please just don't let anyone hurt her. Paul's looking out for her. Candice is looking out for her but I'm asking you don't let anyone hurt her." "Okay." I nodded. "How have you been?" "I miss my sister. A lot. I can't wait until I can see her. So I know for myself she is doing okay." I nodded listening to her. "I knew she wasn't okay before I left. I just hoped she'd be doing better now." "She's been staying with me...I think she's going home after this weekend." "You'll still check in on her." I nodded "of course. We're going back to work a week before Christmas so we'll all be around each other most hours of the day."

"E? Can you zip me up?" Kat said coming into the bathroom cutting our conversation short. "Why didn't you ask the girls?" I asked as I reached for the zip. "Candice is doing her hair and Elle is doing shorts." "What!" Nina and I both said. "With Paul don't worry." "Don't worry?" "I'll go." I turned to Nina. "You keep phone Nina company." I tell Kat before going down to the kitchen. "No more." "Party pooper." She said placing the shot back in the counter. "Why would you let her take shots?" I asked Paul. "He's drunk...I did that." She said proudly pointing at the man talking to my coffee brewer.

"You're lucky I love you." I say to Paul and turn him around before pouring him some coffee. "Also a girl out drank you." I say swapping his short for the coffee to sober him up. I took the shot.

"You need to get ready." I tell Elle. "Do I don't look ready?" "You look half ready." I tell her honestly. "Where's Nina?" "With Kat." "I've missed her." "She's missed you." She nodded I kissed her cheek as we walked upstairs my arm over her shoulder. We left Paul drinking the coffee.

"You're going to have the best night." "What are we doing?" "You'll see." "I hate surprises." "You love them." She says entering the room. "Where's my sister?" She asked immediately before taking the phone her dress and her makeup into the bathroom closing the door.

She came out around half an hour later. Looking stunning Paul had sobered up by now and was mortified that Elle a teenaged girl out drank him. I think it bruised his ego a little.

"Nina wanted to say bye

"Nina wanted to say bye." She said handing me the phone before she went over to the dressed to get her watch and rings on. "Bye Nina we'll see you soon." I say "bye. Love you." "Love you." I hand the phone off to Paul so he could say bye before going to Elle. "Have you said bye already." She nodded fiddling with the clasp of her watch. "Let me." I took her arm and clipped it shut. "Thanks." "You look beautiful." "Gotta at least try on your birthday don't I." She reached up and fixed my tie and collar. "Would you want to stay at my place for a few nights?" She asked as we left to go downstairs. "If you want me to?" "Running out of clothes here. And I miss my bed." "I miss your bed too." I say thinking of the soft pillows on the bed that you just sink into them.