Al parco

Unlike the last one, this week seemed to never end. Nothing particularly "bad" happened, but I just wanted Saturday to arrive.

I know I know...I'm probably looking way too much in this, but hey, it wouldn't really be me if I didn't overanalyze every single detail.
It's not like I was doing it out of pure curiosity, I was genuinely concerned for Giorno. I knew it wasn't my business and he probably didn't want me to get involved in it, but what if it was something serious?

Something that he couldn't have handled on his own, he was still a sixteen years old boy. What if...he got involved in a really bad situation and now he had no choice but to cooperate with these people to resolve it? I knew I wasn't very strong physically nor mentally, but I would have kept on feeling guilty if I didn't even try to figure out if something was wrong.
I wanted to help, I didn't want to be...useless.

After what felt like an eternity, it was Saturday once again.
I decided to not wear the dress for last time, I didn't want him to think that I was that kind of person that always wore the same thing because she was too lazy to go shopping (which was true, but he didn't have to know it).
Working at the restaurant, I didn't have enough time to actually go and buy something new, so I just put on a pair of shorts, an embroidered shirt and my usual sandals.

"I'll be back in a couple of hours, goodbye!"
"Goodbye y/n"
"Have fun sweetie!"

I walked outside, feeling somewhat proud of myself, I actually knew where I was going for once!
In no time I was back at the entrance of the park, it gave me a sense of familiarity that made me feel...safe in a certain way.

But Giorno was already there, checking something on his phone.
Too bad, I was hoping I would have arrived first this time; not that this was a completion, but I didn't want to make him wait for me again.

"Hello y/n"
He smiled softly.
"Giorno, I'm...I'm sorry"
"Sorry? For what?"
"I didn't mean to...F-force you to stay here and w-wait for me"
"It's alright y/n, I've just arrived"
"Really?"
He nodded.
"That's...A relief"
"Come on, I know a nice spot"

It took us more than ten minutes to reach the "nice spot"; I was serious when I said that this place was huge. Strangely enough, there weren't a lot of people, probably because teens would rather do something more "exiting" than hanging out at a park on Saturday afternoon.
We sat on a bench surrounded by small bushes decorated with colourful flowers. You could smell the fresh fruit growing on the trees behind us.

"Do you like it?"
"Yes, it's...it's beautiful"
"I'm glad to hear that; I come here quite often, you know? I like to get lost in my thoughts"
"I've actually come here o-once too! But I didn't notice this spot"
"Yeah...it almost looks like it was hidden on purpose; I like it this way though, I don't think I've ever seen a single person coming here"
"Mh...yeah, that's nice"

There was a weird silence between us then, I wouldn't call it awkward but it didn't feel very nice either. This was my chance!
"U-um...Giorno?
"Yes?"
"There's s-something I...I need to ask you"

I didn't stutter on the last part, good!
"Do you need anything?"
"N-No, it's...it's about that "business" with...Y-your friends"

His expression suddenly changed, now turned into a more serious one. He didn't look mad, but it obviously wasn't a subject he liked to talk about.
I hesitated for a second, maybe I shouldn't ask him? It wasn't too late to turn back yet.
No, I had to do this, I'm sure he'll understand.

"Y/n..."
"I know we've just r-recently met again but...I'm w-worried, Giorno! Are you in danger? I know I'm n-not that strong but maybe w-we could ask the police for he-"
"Y/n."
Well I'm screwed, this is what happens when you stick your nose in other's life.
"P-please don't hate me-"