Chapter One - Pain Stricken Shriek

-Demon Eyes-

Chapter One - Pain Stricken Shriek

Once again insomnia plagued me and I was forced to commit to my nightly routine of wandering around the dank deserted corridors of the dreary castle, in the attempt to bore myself to sleep.

Thus I stalked aimlessly through the darkness running my hard cold fingertips against the rough stone walls, listening to my silent footsteps, while feeling depressingly tiresomely bored.

My life lacked any source of thrill at the moment, each sorry day was as meaningless and as bland as the one before: empty and unsatisfying.

I wondered half-heartedly if any human medication could drag me away from the heavy grey cloud that hung over my head, soaking my unkempt black hair with dismal raindrops.

I needed to get away, away from this school, away from my saintly older brother, who made my life a living hell.

My depressing theatrical inner monologue was interrupted by a distant girly scream. I reluctantly jogged towards the noise expecting to come across the tragic sight of a spider and a vampire girl. Clearly the spiders mass would give it an unfair advantage, I thought mockingly. However I didn't have sufficient time to really appreciate my humorous mental image for the screams continued growing steadily in volume forcing me to quicken my fatherly pace.

Soon I was shoving hard against a mammoth stone slab that filled one of the old stone archways; confident that the cries were coming from behind, the certainty spurring my strength on. Eventually I'd created a small enough gap that allowed me to squeeze through whilst getting a little too up close and personal to the stone slab.

But once inside the archway I saw her.

Her arms wide, pinned against the wall by invisible iron restraints, her blood tinged fangs barred and stained crimson red, her head lolled forward causing her dirty messy blond spirals to fall in front of her emerald green eyes as she screeched the high pitched sound of pure agony.

All the while thick black tar like liquid poured from her eyes like mascara streaked tears only I knew better. Knew her, knew what the black liquid was, and knew what it meant!

I stepped toward her, trying to pry her away from the wall by her frail little shoulder, but it was no use, she would not budge.  My efforts were futile, they just made her screech louder.  When I reluctantly gave up I saw purple bruises appear on her tiny shoulders where my fingers had just been. 

I stared into her glowing green eyes apologetically, panic stricken at what to do, of how to save her - she responded with a piercing shriek.

-x-