Find your Paradise chapter two

" hand me your phone now." Bryson said demanding
" what no never!" Sydney yelled
Bryson snatched it from her hands.
"Ugh!"
They went inside and Linda came to them
" hello you two! Welcome! Sydney come in, sir it'll be better if you leave us both alone," Linda said.
Bryson left immediately.
" so Sydney tell me about your self" Linda said exited.
" uh, I'm a girl, hates school, loves to get in trouble and I'm 15"
" I see, well I'm Linda Koshi and I'm a woman. I have a kid and a divorced husband."
" you have an ex-husband?" Sydney asked curiously
" yeah, and it's really hard for my kid, Kulture."
" wow, I feel your child."
"Your parents are divorced?" She asked
" yeah," Sydney said looking down at her nails.
" is that have anything to do with your behavior?"
Sydney sighed.
" why should I tell you anything, its my business. Not yours" she sighed calmly."
" ok, that's fair I get it you don't know me yet, look I want to help you ok?" She said bending down to see Sydney's face.
" no, why do you want to help me when you don't even know me?"
" well! Let's get to know each other then!!" She said excitedly
" I'm good." She said getting up.
"Well ms.linda it was a pleasure to meet you but sorry I'm not interested."
She said exiting the room "
maybe you can get to know my daughter??" She yelled,
but it was too late. She sat in her room, her eyes were watery. Later that day,
Bryson came into the room. " hey how was therapy?" Sydney rolled her eyes and turned her back to her father.
" something's not tight, what wrong?" He asked
" nothing dad! Nothing! You can leave, and give my phone back."
" honey you can talk to me, you know that right."
" NO! I DONT KNOW IF I CAN OK? AND I DONT EVEN WANT TO! Just give me my phone and leave." She said raising her voice in sniffles.
" well I don't know why you think that, why don't you want to talk to me?"
" CUZ! YOUR NOT MOM!" She yelled
yanking her phone from her dad's hand. Bryson stood there in silence.
" what? You can leave now!" She said to her dad.
Her dad slowly backed away and shut the door behind him. The whole day he was in silence thinking of only one sentence... "cuz your not mom" the next day he was acting a little weird and awkward. He never woke Sydney up and her phone was in her room. She woke up at about 11:30, she looked at the time wondering how she woke up so bright and not like a gloomy monster.
"11:30??? What! Ugh, dad probably changed my time"
she went downstairs and it was bright and clear outside and birds were chirping and singing and the wind was calmly swaying the trees from side to side, the windows were opened and the cool breeze was waving inside and dad was sitting on the rocking chair reading a newspaper. She looked at the big round fancy clock in the living room "11:30.. dad how is it 11:30?"
Bryson looked at Sydney
" why couldn't it be?"
" dad, you didn't wake me up?"
" no, there's no point, if you want you can go to school." Sydney was very confused she went upstairs and freshened up, she grabbed something from the fridge and grabbed her phone.
"let's go" she said to her dad
"where?"
" to school duh!"
Bryson sighed folding his newspaper.
" Sydney, there's no point of going to school and not doing anything, might as well just stay at home."
" dad. Are you okay?"
" yeah! Oh and mom decided that you can live with her an extra week, so she is coming over at 1;15 to pick you up."
" REALLY! OH MY GOD YAY!"
She ran upstairs and was so excited, she was way more closed to her mom than her dad, she called her mom in excitement.
" haii mommm your cominngggg oh my god I can't wait!"
" hai Sydney darning, yeah I'm coming and hey I'm actually coming earlier than 1:15!'" Her mom Mariah said
" really!!! When!"
" I'm going in the car right now so I'll be there in maybe 30 mins,"
Sydney had never been so excited.
" alright mom! Love you!"
She smiled like never before! An hour passed but mom wasn't here yet, she didn't answer the calls nor reply back on text
. " dad where's mom!" Sydney asked in worry
" i don't know honey she should be here!"
15 min later Sydney got a call
" hello?" She said hesitantly " hello is this Sydney Potts?"
" Yeah, um who am I speaking to?"
" I'm doctor kinc and I'm sorry to inform you but your mother, Mariah Potts has met with a terrible accident, we are at the duke hospital room 17 3rd floor."
In shock, Sydney dropped her phone and burst into tears
" SYDNEY WHAT'S WRONG? WHO WAS IT???" Her dad came running.
" duke hospital."
She said crying.
" Duke hospital? Why"
" mom- mom-" she said crying even more.
" mom what? What happened to mom'
" mom- mom met with- with a t-t-terrible accident."
" what!? Let's go quick!"
They ran to the hospital "
room 17, 3rd floor" Sydney informed,
they quickly ran up knowing after seeing moms condition, life will change forever. They finally reached upstairs but to late to say goodbye.
"  w-why is she covered with a white blanket Doctor kinc!!!!?" She said in fear,
" I'm sorry, but it's too late." The Doctor said
" what no no, she's not dead, she just sleeping. With her blanket over her! I mean she always does that."
Her dad held her and sobbed on her shoulder.
" can I see her doctor?"
The doctor cleared the way for her
. "Mom get up please mom I know you can!" She said sobbing
" mom I had so many plans with you, please don't leave."
It was way too late for her to say anything. After they met her they sobbed their way home. The whole. Day Sydney didn't eat, drink talk, or do anything.
"Sydney honey, cmon let's eat."
Sydney looked up from her pillow
"I'm ok."
Bryson sighed. " hey, I know it's going to be hard now, and everything will be different but there's nothing that we can do but live life, ok?" He said almost crying.
" it's different dad! It's different! You haven't lost someone that you love! Who's- who's yours!"
" what do you mean, I just lost the woman I love the most! My wife!"
" dad! You lost your ex-wife! You didn't even love her! So you can drop the act!" She said raising her voice.
" I dO LOVE HER! I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THE IDEA THAT I DONT LOVE HER BUT I DO!" He yelled.
" you would have never divorced her then" she said nodding her head slowly in disappointment
Bryson had no words and left the room.
". Sydney you always make it harder than it is! Find your paradise! I'm saying it again! And foods on the table if you want."
He said exiting. The sentence stuck
"find your paradise" she murmured to her self.