𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

Alessandro drew closer to her. "Don't try change the subject."

Arya closed her eyes, rubbing them with curled fists. "I'm not doing this right now. I'm going to sleep somewhere else."

He scoffed in her face. "Of course you are."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Arya stopped what she was doing to throw him a critical glance.

"This is what you do, Arya. You run when you can't handle the fact that you need to own up and take fūcking responsibility."

Arya blinked at him, exasperated. "I run? You avoided me for a week because you couldn't take responsibility of the fact you knew it was wrong to hide my past from me."

Alessandro ran his hands through his hair. "This, again? Arya, I didn't tell you because I wanted to protect you!"

"Oh, like you promised to in our vows? You protect, I care. God forbid I find out that my Ma slept around and got pregnant with twins, because I'm that fragile, right?"

This time Alessandro went silent. He had no defence. Marco had warned him that he was taking a risk not telling Arya what she deserved to know; the truth.

That she wasn't heiress of the Corsican Mafia Don, but instead was a DuPont by birth certificate with Caponelli blood streaming through her veins.

"You don't need to protect me, Alessandro." Arya shook her head. "I asked you time and time again, what were you hiding from me. I gave you chances, but you lied to my face. Then when I do the same, you see how much you don't like it."

"This isn't the sa-" Alessandro cut himself off. It was the exact same situation. Arya was right. "Look," he reached his hand out to her face but Arya pulled away at the last moment, making him drop his arm. "I'm sorry, va bene? I should've come to you first. And I've learnt my lesson, this won't happen again."

Arya didn't respond, her gaze everywhere but on him. And that's when Alessandro knew, they had a lot more to talk about.

"You're going to meet her, aren't you?"

Arya thought of lying, thought of manipulating this conversation elsewhere, but the truth was that she was tired of keeping up this facade. It was ruining their marriage, all these hidden secrets they refused to tell each other.

Whether Alessandro did or didn't let her, she was going to find a way to Monique. Her...sister.

Without looking up, Arya already knew exactly what Alessandro thought of her leaving to see the only blood related family she had left.

"I won't allow it, Arya." Alessandro shook his head vehemently. "It's not safe."

"I'm not asking you for your permission, Alessandro." Arya replied softly. She needed him to understand; nothing - no one - would stop her.

"The fūck you are," Alessandro hissed, running both hands through his hair. He was frustrated because he knew, he already knew, Arya was set on doing this. "Arya, it's not safe. You don't know who she could be working for, or if this is some ploy to get you in the wrong hands. Do you know her past? She was a special agent before she recently retired! That can't be a coincidence!"