𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

I feel a gust of wind brush against my back as he walks away; turning my face to follow him, I realise he's disappeared into the bathroom, leaving my standing here half-naked.

Before I can start cussing him out for leaving me here shivering in the cold, he reappears. This time his suit jacket is off and his shirt sleeves are rolled to his elbows.

Holy...

"Come with me." He offers me his hand.

For the first time, I don't hesitate in following his lead. He leads me into the bathroom, where I'm met with a running bath that's just reached midway. Maybe it's because I'm on the verge of collapsing in bed, but I can't help feeling moved by the fact he left to run it for me.

The bare minimum, I know. But with us, the baby steps seemed to matter most.

"I can leave now if you want." Alessandro states.

I think it over.

Finally, I shake my head. If he left me alone in here I was sure I'd drown, survival instincts be damned. Before I can fully process what I'm doing, my hands reach behind me and unclasp my bra. I hear Alessandro heave in a deep breath.

Ignoring him, I slowly roll my underwear down my legs. When I can't be bothered to push them the full way down, I look his way.

"Arya, I don't think that's a good idea." He warns me.

"Please don't make me beg." My eyes draw him in. I know they do.

Alessandro takes a slow, steady step towards me.

Once his cool hands make contact with my skin, I shudder. He manages to bend down so that he can slink my lace pants to my feet, his breathing now ragged and batting against my legs, which are by now covered in goosebumps.

Once they're off, I thank him and slip into the warmth of the bath, my head resting on the back of the tub. With my body submerged under the bubbles, I know I'm hidden from my husband.

I don't open my eyes, even as I suddenly feel a pair of large hands massage something cold into my scalp. They work up and down my head, moving in firm circles that nearly send me spiralling. I let out a low moan, and feel Alessandro tense behind me, his hands pausing for a moment.

I frown and open my mouth to complain, but he catches me and continues massaging my scalp.

Once it's over, my hair is doused in water.

Even if God Himself told me this man was the same husband I'd met less than a week ago, I wouldn't believe Him. I'm almost scared to open my eyes in case this is all over when I do.

When I finally muster the courage to open them, I realise I must've fallen asleep, finding myself alone in the bath tub with pruned fingers. How long had I been asleep? I stumble out of the now cold bath, finding a towel already on the rack. I use it to dry myself off, before changing into my pyjamas (which Alessandro must've left) on the counter, and wrapping myself in a dressing robe.

Once I've brushed my teeth, blow dried and braided my hair so it fits under my bonnet, I finally reopen the door to find Alessandro propped against on the headboard, his MacBook resting on his thighs.