47. Merry Christmas.

Erza's POV:

     Jellal insisted on walking me home as the sky had turned quite dark. I tried to tell him that I was perfectly capable of protecting myself, but he wouldn't listen.

     "So, you got everything you need?" I asked him as we slowly walked on the footpath, leaving deep impressions in the soft snow with every step. He nodded and said, "Yep!"

     "Did you get what you needed?" He asked me. I replied with a nod, "Yes."
"So, what did you get me?" He asked, looking at me sideways. I slightly narrowed my eyes at him and said, "You'll find out tomorrow. I won't tell you now."

     He smiled and said, "That's too long! I'm curious..." He pouted. I laughed and replied, "You just have to be patient till tomorrow... That reminds me, tomorrow Hynhe and Juliet are coming to visit me. I would like you all to meet them."

     "Oh that's nice! Your guardians, right?" Jellal asked, looking at me. I nodded, "Yeah. Can we all meet up tomorrow? At my place?" I asked him hopefully.

     "Yeah! That wouldn't be a problem. Silver and Igneel are totally chill! Metalicana too. Laxus.. is... Yeah. I mean, sure he can make it." He said, his face crunched in thought.

     "And you?" I asked in a small voice, just loud enough to reach him. He smiled and said, "Ofcourse. I don't have any specific plans for tomorrow."

     I grinned and said, "Then we're having a Christmas party at my place tomorrow? I'll text all of you the details... Though I'll have to confirm with the girls first." He replied, "Yep. I just don't know... Why, we still don't have a group chat."

     "Oh..." I said, for the first time, realising that we all never really spoke on a group chat before. "Wow, I never realised!" His eyes widened slightly as he said, "Right? Wait! I'll make one right now.." He pulled out his phone and started on it.

     I shivered slightly as a cold breeze blew by, ruffling my hair and exposing my neck to the cool air. Jellal glanced over me before looking back at his phone screen, saying, "There you go. Done. Send a text on this group chat, okay?"

     "Yep!" I said, giving him a close eyed smile. Suddenly, something warm and soft engulfed my head and neck, drowning me in comfort. I let out a involuntary sigh and Jellal laughed, his hands still around the muffler he put on me.

     "That was cute..." He chuckled. I blushed, embarrassed and said in a really low voice, "It was not..." I didn't find out if he ever caught those words.

     We walked pretty much in silence after that, soon reaching my house. At the front gate, he stopped for a minute as I handed him his scarf back and wished him Merry Christmas.

     I watched his back becoming smaller as he walked away and I couldn't help thinking that the walk ended too soon. I checked my phone as it vibrated in my pocket. I gasped, "A hundred new messages?! What are these guys doing...?" I said under my breath as I walked into the warmth of my home, smiling at my phone.

Christmas Day

Erza's POV:

     I stood at the railway station, rubbing my arms to keep them warm. It wasn't snowing, but the sun was barely out and the snow from last night was cold enough.

     I checked the time on my phone, and craned my neck to see any sign of a train approaching. The train thankfully wasn't delayed, even with the snowing. 'It's 7:56 already... When is the damn train coming?!'

     The station was deserted except for the middle aged lady at the counter and an old man reading a newspaper on a bench. I looked around, attempting to kill time.