Chap 11. A New Chance

Only a day passed since the Guardians had revealed that they did their best for her childhood. Keeping her connected with her sister Anna every Christmas Day. Though he was afraid for her. She has been through so much. Jack watched from the window, sitting and gazing down at her. Such a beautiful sight to behold. A queen, no, a goddess. Elsa's platinum blonde hair shimmering in the sunlight, her gown flowing around her. An ethereal woman who could grab anyone's attention with just a glance. She was smiling to herself while sitting outside. Tooth was floating in the air beside her. Telling Elsa stories of the guardians and their adventures.

Jack kept his gaze on her, his eyes softening each time Elsa let out a warm laugh. A laugh that stirred emotion within his chest. He wanted to keep her smiling, and laughing for all eternity. But with Pitch Black returning... what could happen to them now? He leaned his head against the glass. Not saying a word. There was that familiar sting. The type of pain he's known for over 300 years and more. Loneliness. If anything were to happen to Elsa, he would surely be losing a part of himself. Why did he feel so close to her? In such a short time? His deep blue eyes held that coldness as freezing as the Atlantic sea. His jaw stiffening. Frost crackled over the glass he rested his head on. Jack's eyes narrow in confusion, lifting his head and looking at the jagged pattern of the ice. Were his emotions making him lose control? Another crack of ice, he glanced down and saw ice spreading from his feet. A frown spread across his face.

"Got a bit of the jitters there mate?" Bunnymund called out, entering the room. Jack sighed and quickly willed the ice away. Turning his eyes away from the giant kangaroo. "No. It's nothing..." He kept his eyes on Elsa. She was as radiant as ever. A squeeze surrounded his heart. His chest aching. Again ice spread from where he sat. This has never been an issue for Jack before. Ever since his rebirth, he has had perfect control over his power. He glanced upwards at Bunnymund who raised an eyebrow at Jack. A sigh escaped the winter spirit. "Okay fine. I'm nervous... about her." He turned his gaze towards her again. Bunnymund gave a smirk, glancing at Elsa from the window. "Ah, the shiela has gotten into your heart hasn't she?" Bunny leaned against the wall. Jack rolled his eyes. "Is it that noticeable?" He asked, frowning. Bunnymund grinned. "We got our bets on. Sandy's hoping you say something to her soon." This brought a chuckle out of Jack. So it seemed the guardians knew of their attraction to one another. That wasn't surprising. They've been family for years now.

Jack again stared at Elsa. She seemed to be telling stories of her own now as Tooth listened. Making faces that got a laugh out of the fairy. A grin appeared on Jack's face, a softness in his eyes that has never been there before. He often expressed himself as childish, mischievous, and immature. But still at his core, deep within him. He was just a man. Who's lived for hundreds of years. And for the first time in so long, he has found someone he could truly connect too. Someone who understood the cold and all its aspects as much as him. He and Bunnymund weren't one to go into deep conversations. But for once Jack spoke his thoughts. "I feel as if... I could die for her. I've only met her and in such short time it's as if I am willing to give everything to her. She... she understands how it feels. The loneliness... the pain of it. I see myself in her, I've never met anyone so much like me." His breath heaved within his chest. Those ice blue eyes of his saddening. "If anything happens to her... if Pitch Black hurts her. I don't know what I'd do. I won't be able to live with myself. I just want... to make her smile. Something tells me... that Elsa hasn't smiled in so long." With that he stared down at the beauty within Elsa's smiling face, her eyes glistening. From down there, her eyes suddenly meet his. Her eyes widen with sudden realization that she was being watched. A soft scarlet blush spreading across her cheeks, flustered by his gaze. She timidly waved at him. Jack couldn't help himself, he gave her an adoring smile. Waving back at her. But then he remembered Pitch Black's words. 'You fancy her.' Now Elsa was even more of a target. His enemy knew about his feelings for her. "I put her in danger... because I love her."

Bunnymund's ear twitched. He raised an eyebrow at Jack. "You can't be serious. She handled her own against Pitch." The bunny chuckled at this. Elsa truly was powerful. There was a reason she was chosen. Jack glanced up at him. "Look at us Jack. We're guardians. A chance like this to be someone doesn't happen very often mate. You shouldn't let fear stop you from finally being with someone you've wanted to know." Bunny gave a sly smirk at the spirit. "Besides... you've been living in her head as well. Just look." He gestured to the window. It seemed Tooth was talking now, perhaps about her job as the tooth fairy. Babbling on about how she does more work than the others since children lose teeth everyday. But Elsa's eyes glance up at the window, searching, waiting, for Jack's eyes to meet hers. When he shifted his gaze back down to her, a soft smile appeared on both their faces as they made eye contact.

"You know what cupid. I think you're right." A smirk spread across Jack's face. Bunny's eyes widen. "Oi mate! Do I look like a giant baby in a diaper to you?" He furrowed his brows, frowning. This got a chuckle out of Jack as he sprang to his feet. "No you look worse. The giant baby's stuffed animal." He laughed and nimbly stepped over to the door to make his way outside. Bunnymund rolled his eyes. As Jack stood at the doorway he looked back at Bunny.

"You're right. I love her. And I'm going to show her. She means the world to me now. I'll see you later. I have... a date to plan." Jack smiled brightly, making his way outside the workshop. His eyes gleaming with love. He was falling for her. And from now on, he would do anything to ensure Elsa's happiness. Even if fear was upon them.

North chuckled as he entered the room, seeing Jack pass by. "Who knew you had such knowledge of love!" He smiled and glanced back at the way Jack left. Bunnymund shrugged. "I guess you could say I've had a chat with some love experts. Strange group."