Chapter 4- Meeting the Guardians

Crisp cool air rushed across their pale laughing faces. Their hair messy from the flight they took in the sky. And their bodies incredibly cold. Jack slowly landed onto the balcony of North's workshop. Elsa was in a fit of laughter, too happy and amazed to notice that they had arrived. Jack gently lowered her onto the ground, Elsa's crystal flats touched the wood of the balcony. She stood, yet still held onto the young man's arms. As if not use to standing.

"My goodness! That was so magical! I've never flown before! I felt like I was one with the wind and sky!" Elsa twirled around, magic beautifully spiraling off her fingertips. Jack chuckled and shook his head. "Told you I was guardian of fun. If you stick around there's more we can do together." He smiled at her, hoping to convince her to keep staying. Jack felt a stir of emotion in his chest. He believed he had found someone he would want to spend more time with. And not like how it was playing with children. Someone his age. Someone who could understand.

His head shook, a little embarrassed from being so deep in thought.

"I would love to stay." Elsa brightly said, her voice smooth and comforting. She had never met someone so magical before. In a way she felt as if she found someone she had always longed to meet. Even if she couldn't remember her past.

The woman turned to look at the workshop. It's bright paint, and many windows. She curiously walked towards it. "What is this place?" She asked him, trailing her hands on the paint of the building's wall and peeking inside through a window. Elsa's eyes widen in wonder seeing small pointed elves moving about. Large yetis passing by carrying heavy wood or even trays of cookies. The Yetis worked hard, building toys of all kinds.

Jack smiled and peered into the window with her. "Well milady-" He began but he quickly stopped hearing Elsa mutter. "Mmmm chocolate..." She breathed in, the sweet scent filling the air. She closed her eyes and sighed softly. Why was that smell so familiar? She wondered.

Jack bit his lip, trying not to laugh. This catches Elsa's attention and she flushed red. Quickly straightening up and clearing her throat. "Ahem. You were saying?" She spoke formally, her back so incredibly straight. Jack couldn't help but stand up straight and tall as well. Didn't want to slouch in front of such a powerful... cute woman.

"Of course! Come on. I'll let you figure it out." He held out his arm to her. "Shall we?"

Elsa smiled and locked her arms in his. Together they entered the workshop. The long fabric of her cape split in two behind her. Her white dress illuminated, the fireplace made the workshop feel so warm. And the smell of chocolate chip cookies made Elsa's stomach grumble. Food... she couldn't remember the last time she ate. Elsa didn't understand why she sometimes didn't need to eat. But her thoughts were suddenly interrupted when she caught sight of small elves gazing at her. One of the elves blushed heavily when she looked back. Elsa waved at it. The elf timidly waving its small hand before falling over with a thump.

Jack chuckled and pulled Elsa along. "Aren't you a charmer?" He teased her. Elsa blushed at this comment, quickly turning her head away.

They suddenly entered a room with a large spinning globe, littered with golden glowing dots. "What's that Jack?" She curiously let go of his arm and walked towards it. Hesitantly reaching out and touching one dot. "That shows us how many children believe in us all over the world." Jack smiled at her, it seemed anything magical intrigued Elsa. Her eyes were so wide with awe. It made Jack's heart flutter.

"Welcome! Elsa! The fifth spirit of nature!"

Elsa quickly spun around and folded her hands in front of her, standing tall again and nodding graciously. Her eyes widen seeing a very large man appear before her with his arms wide and strong. Filled with tattoos. She raised an eyebrow reading nice and naughty on each arm. A fluffy white beard at his chin and large bushy eyebrows. Elsa awkwardly smiled. "Um- The pleasure is mine... Mr..." She couldn't quite understand. Who was this man? Why did he remind her so much of...

"Santa Claus?" Elsa blurted out, her eyes wide. Jack chuckled at her reactions. "Well yes but here we call him North."

North smiled at her. "I felt it in my belly that Jack would bring you here safe."

Elsa hesitated, her mouth ajar with confusion. "Um- excuse me?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Oh! She's here! Let me see her teeth!" A sudden voice called out. Before Elsa knew it, a giant bird woman was grabbing her face and opening her mouth to see her teeth. "Tooth! Cut it out!" Jack quickly stepped in, his pale face red with embarrassment. He gently pulled Elsa away from Tooth. Elsa touched her cheek, her eyes wide and even more confused than before.

"So beautiful! Like ice within a snowflake!" Tooth cooed and fawned over Elsa. Elsa cleared her throat, trying to keep her composure. "Thank you?" She squeaked, a little confused. A feeling arose in her chest, she couldn't remember who she was. Yet she knew that being the center of attention made her feel uneasy. Without thinking Elsa stepped closer to Jack. Jack glanced at her.

"Isn't her teeth amazing?!" Tooth turned to North. "Yes indeed! Strong teeth as all guardians should have!"

Elsa is shy? Jack's eyes gazed at her, reading her nervous expressions, the awkward smiles while the others talked about her. He cleared his throat. "Alright guys give her some space." He waved his staff in front of him and Elsa to make North and Tooth step back.

"It's fine. I am happy to be- OH MY!" She gasped, a giant rabbit walked into the room. A boomerang strung to him and eggs on a belt. It was as tall as a man.

Bunny's ears stand straight. Quite offended. "Oi mate I don't shout at you like that. Don't act like you've never seen a talking bunny before." He grumbled, a little embarrassed himself.

Jack laughed at Bunny. "You probably need to be groomed Bunny."

"I-" Elsa couldn't find the words to speak. Suddenly golden magic spun in front of her, a man made of golden stand levitated inches away from her face. His eyes staring deeply into hers before smiling and floating over to the others. Elsa stepped back. Ice formed at her feet, she was definitely nervous. Then she felt a hand take hers, Jack's hand. Smooth and cool.

He grinned at her, nodding and gesturing to the others with his head. "Sure we may be off. But we are all like you. Come on." He gently stepped forward with her. "Show em what you got." He encouraged. His bright blue eyes staring into hers, believing in her. Elsa breathed softly, such a gaze relaxed her racing heart. She nodded, stepping forward more and gently releasing his hand.

The other guardians were talking among themselves. Elsa suddenly spiraled her hands around each other, then the magic shot out of her hands and exploded into fireworks of glittering white and blue snow. The snow sparked and fell around the workshop. All the voices in the room hushed, silence filled the air as snowflakes fell around everyone.

North's eyes widen in wonder, the snowflakes were so beautiful. Tooth's feathers ruffled as snow fell in them. Bunny shook his head to get some snow off his fur. And Sandy had his arms in the air, opening his mouth to catch snowflakes with his tongue. The guardians laughed and all turned to Elsa, smiling at her. Their eyes full of approval of the new guardian.

"My name is Elsa. I may not remember how I am here or who I was. But I feel in my heart that I've always been magical... and I am here to learn." She spoke to them, confidence rising in her voice. "I want to know what it means to be the next guardian." Her eyes glance at Jack. He was leaning against his staff, smiling at her and shaking his head, flustered that they met eyes.

"Elsa. We are overjoyed to see you here. The moon has chosen you. Now it is time for you to show yourself. What is your center?" North asked her. All eyes on her.

Elsa looked around the room, then holding up her hands, gazing down at them. She looked back up at them. Unsure of what to say. Silence being the answer.