Chapter 5- Memory

Elsa's heart ached in her chest. Answers. She was going to receive answers and she had no idea knowing how they would make her feel.

The guardians had decided that taking her to see her memories would help her remember her center. She stood by Jack as they entered the portal. It was the three of them, Jack, Elsa, and the hovering bird woman Tooth.

The portal shined and sparked around them, revealing a place full of golden slots for the teeth collected from children. Small little fairies flew around, their brightly green feathers shimmering. Elsa's eyes widen, intrigued by bright this place was. "And this... is where you say you keep teeth?" She asked Tooth.

"Yup! All 6 billion and counting! We fairies take great pride in our work! The most believed by children in my opinion." She smirked to herself and spun in the air. "Now with you here we'll have more children believing in all of us! We just need to find your teeth. Oh you are known for your teeth! The best and most beautiful..." Tooth's eyes widen, her feathers ruffling.

Elsa awkwardly smiled at the bright fairy. She liked the compliment but it was rather...creepy.

This got a chuckle from Jack. He cleared his throat. "Oh come on Tooth. Don't scare her off." He smiled at Elsa, adoring the way she tried to be polite. He was the newest guardian until she came along, and now he was feeling so... different.

Every mannerism abour her, the way she awkwardly smiled. Her kindness. The curve of her nose, her lips, her round cheeks. Even the overbite of her mouth somehow made her even more attractive! Jack cleared his throat. 'Oh no Tooth is rubbing off on me.' He thought. But nonetheless, he knew these feelings meant something.

He had never looked for love. Had never really thought about it or cared for it. But the longer he stared at her the more he desired it.

Jack's cheeks suddenly flush a deep red. 'Am I actually crushing on Elsa?'

Then with a sudden rush in his chest. Elsa was staring back at him while he gazed at her. A silent acknowledgement of the tension between them.

She felt her own flutter, in her heart. Was it because she's been lonely for so long? Elsa was very new to this. Unsure of how to handle it. Her cheeks blushed with embarassment. The blush traveling down to her neck, making her utterly pink. Jack's own face began to heat up. They were standing next to one another, staring.

Tooth popped up between them. "Is this some sort ice power guardians thing?" She startled them, the two suddenly looking away from each other.

Elsa cleared her throat. "Oh yes?" She quickly replied. "Temperature... something about temperature..." She lied awkwardly, looking to Jack for help.

Jack couldn't help but smile at her feeble attempt to cover up such a moment. "We like cold air. Something fresh for our minds." He gave a sly smile. Elsa covered her lips and giggled, what a silly thing they just did. Staring at each other like that.

"Well... I found your teeth." Tooth pulled up an elegant case, it had light blue, pink, and purple diamond shapes all over. Elsa's image was on the end of it. Before she could touch it, Tooth pulled it away.

The fairy's wings wilted, she hovered lower to the floor.

"Tooth?" Jack asked her, confused as to why she was expressing sadness.

This worried Elsa. She held her hands together, tightly. Gripping onto herself for courage. "Is there something wrong... with my memories?"

"Oh no no it's just... sometimes memories can be hard to grasp. But they make us who we are. Children grow into what their memories shape them to be." Tooth flew over to Elsa, holding up the case.