Reunited

"Jack?" Elsa called out as she walked through the dark cavernous maze. Shadows seemed to dance all around her. One moment they were sliding down the tunnels with Bunny and the other guardians. Then the next she found herself in darkness, away from everyone. The shadows seem to watch her, their darkness making it harder for her to see. That was when she heard a voice behind her. 

"Ah reunited at last." Pitch echoed behind her, his milky gray eyes gleaming in contrast to the darkness surrounding him. Elsa quickly turned and raised her hands, she narrowed her eyes. Defensive in her stance. "We have never met." She responded, backing away slowly and trying to distance herself from him. 

"Oh but we have! Your fear... all those years locked away in your bedroom. Since you were a little child, you strengthened me, your highness. Your tears, your anger, your self-hate. I seen it all. I fed off of those ugly emotions of yours." Pitch's eyes seem to widen in utter happiness, a bit of chaos in his smile as he stepped closer. He sighed to himself. "But you grew, you let all that fear go and I lost you." Pitch continued, he gazed at her with a smile. "But I found a new fear in you. One Frost had for years. Oh my dear, you fear loneliness. Seeing your family die off one by one. Really how tragic, how traumatizing." 

A crackle of ice spread towards him in sharp icicles, Pitch quickly disappeared and reappeared away from her. Elsa angrily rushed forward, throwing another blast of ice at him but he dodged again. Fractals of ice spread around the cavern, glowing a bright blue. "Don't talk about my family that way!" She snapped, her eyes wild with rage. "Don't talk about them-" 

The darkness enveloped around her, her sight taken away. As if blinded but then light began to come into view. When she could see again. She was in her room, gloves on her hands. The familiar violet walls, her bed, the window she would sit by for hours on end watching the sea. That door in front of her that never opened, always kept shut. Isolating her and keeping her from seeing her sister. Elsa was a young child again. "What- what is happening?" Startled, she ran to the door, grasping the knob and trying to turn it. But it was locked. Shut tight. 

"Elsa!" A familiar voice called out from behind the door. "A-Anna?" Elsa's heart pounded, her entire body freezing in place. "Elsa! Do you wanna build a snowman?" Anna sang to her, gleefully. Elsa could hear Pitch's laugh echoing in her ear. She tried to open the door but it was locked, Elsa started panicking, her fists banging on the door. Trying to escape her room, the memory, the reminder of her lost childhood. Tears stung her eyes as ice spread from her fists each time she hit the door. "Anna! Anna!" Elsa cried out, her voice trembling. 

"Those guardians say they protect childhood. But where were they when you needed them most?" Pitch echoed to her. That very sentence hurt her core. Elsa stopped and held herself, backing away from the door. "Those guardians that claim to want you to join them, to be your new friends and family. Where were they when you were just a little girl? Trapped? I was there for you my Queen. I watched it all. Join me. Have revenge on them for not saving you from this tragic little childhood." Pitch manifested behind her, smiling down at her. Elsa looked up at him with tears, shaking her head. 

If he truly was there, he fed off her fear, made her feel horrible. Elsa closed her eyes for a moment. She was able to free herself from this fear before. Memories of the glove coming off her hand, the magic spiraling out of her palms. The memory of her mother appearing to her, "Come my darling homeward bound." Her voice singing in Elsa's mind. There had to be more to those words. No matter how long she lived as the fifth spirit, she will always find her way back home. She remembered her sister dying of old age, her last words coming back to remind Elsa of her last wish. "Be happy for me." She remembered Anna say. Elsa was there for her sister after she had come out the door, and she had been there for the rest of her sister's life. Now was time Elsa try to find her own happiness, find a new home.