𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I'm not really a fan of rides. May have started when I rode on that horse when I was nine." she replied, reminiscing about the time her mum had bought her a horse she desperately wanted.

     The girl opened the compartment door where three other boys and a girl were sitting. Two appeared to be twins while the other seemed to be older. The girl had bushy hair and rather large front teeth. "You've found a friend Gin," said one of the twins.

"It's not that we're friends but that's not the point. Percy do you have some of the medicine you use to not get dizzy for the train ride?" she asked the boy with the glasses on. He went through his bag to look for it, Lyra noticed he was wearing a red prefect badge. It then clicked to her, red hair, Gryffindors, loads of siblings. It were Weasley children.

     If her parents or brother were there she knew they would tell her to leave. But the voice inside of her head told her to stay. "Here." Percy handed it to Lyra.

"Thank you," she smiled and drank it, suddenly feeling a bit better.

     "Are you a first year?" asked Percy.

"Yes," Lyra nodded.

"Explains why I've never seen you before. I'm Percy Weasley by the way and these are my brothers Fred and George, my sister Ginny who's also a first year and Hermione who's a friend of my other brother Ron." he explained, pointing at each one of them.

"I'm Lyra."

     One of the twins seemed to recognise her name by the look on their face. "Lyra... sounds familiar," he muttered to his twin he heard him mentioning her. "Are you in any way related to Dr-"

"Lyra, there you are!" she heard Draco say. His face changing to an immediate scowl once he saw who she was with. "What has father told you about not talking with people like them?" he asked, his eyes still on the Weasleys and Hermione.

     "Draco, they helped me with my problem! I'm not feeling sick anymore," she protested.

"You could've asked someone else."

     "Yes I probably could've done that if I wasn't throwing up," she hissed. Draco took her arm and dragged her out of the compartment. Not even thanking the Weasleys for helping his sister, but Lyra didn't expect him to do that.

"This will be the first and last time I see it happen, okay?" he asked, his voice stern.

     "Yes father," Lyra joked.

Draco looked at her irritably. "Will you stop with that for once? It isn't funny."

     Lyra shook her head, "Nope." she replied, smiling.

After the boat ride, where she felt less dizzy on and Professor McGonagall explaining about the house cup, Lyra and the other first years enter the great hall for the first time. And just like her brother said it was did she found it beautiful.

It was lit by thousands of candles that were floating above four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. Each wearing the robes of their respective houses. These tables were laid with golden plates and goblets. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting. Lyra looked up and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars...