055.

AMOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE ━━ Two families, one dinner

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE ━━ Two families, one dinner

━━━━━━━━━━

THE YEAR WAS TWO THOUSAND AND THREE. Five difficult years had passed since the Battle of Hogwarts. Even though what had happened wouldn't be forgotten, everyone was trying to heal and eventually move on.

It was especially hard for Lyra. Having lost not only her last cousin, but also Remus and Severus. The loss of her godfather had been a different kind of pain. Because she knew that there could've been a chance of him still being alive, even if it was small.

Lyra could express all these feelings with Ginny, her friends and family. They were there to listen and were the shoulders she cried on when necessary. Some shoulders left. Zayna, partially lived in the US, courtesy of her father after the loss of Colin became too hard to handle. Others were added, ones familiar to Lyra already.

An estimated one year and two weeks after the battle, her ex-family was standing at the doorstep of Andromeda's house. They came to apologise and explain everything, and included that they never hated Lyra for being a lesbian, wishing if they could turn time they'd react in a different more positive way.

It took some time for Lyra to fully accept their apology, by then she had already moved into a house with Ginny. Unsurprisingly, this insinuated a row and surprisingly did her aunt, Mr and Mrs Weasley side with her parents. They told the girls it was "too early" and that they "were not ready yet".

Bollocks. The girls were indeed ready, the adults weren't. They lived together just fine. While Ginny was breaking Quidditch record after record, the possibility of Lyra becoming an Unspeakable high. The people didn't judge, giving her the opportunity to show them how talented she was and how much she wanted it.

With these busy schedules were they only seeing each other for maximum three days a week. But now that Quidditch season was over, and Lyra got ahead of her work schedule, this changed.

Ginny finally met the Malfoy's formerly during a dinner night Lyra organised. This went so well that she was thinking of suggesting an evening with both families.

A few feeks after initially thinking about it, she wanted to propose the idea to Ginny but this never happened. After a tiny fight with her girlfriend, Lyra disapparated and was now eating dinner with her parents and brother. Draco called it, saying they were expecting it. Lucius and Narcissa reassured her that this wasn't the case. However, they had made vegetarian food. Which they only do when they know she's going to visit.

As Lucius was talking about how they had nothing to do next week, Lyra decided to bring her idea to the table. "What about a dinner with the Weasley's?"