𝟘𝟛𝟛.

AMOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE━━ the unexpected

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE━━ the unexpected

━━━━━━━━━━

ALL THE QUIDDITCH PRACTICES that went on until the day of the match did not go well. Ron had gotten angry multiple times and Demelza was the victim most of the time. He had bruised her lip and made her cry. It was so bad that Lyra was surprised she still played on the team. Harry also replaced Katie with Dean, who was quite good at playing but now Lyra had to see and hear more of Ginny and her boyfriend.

    Just the day before the match, Lyra heard that Draco wouldn't be playing because he was sick. He missed a match before but it was because his arm injury was too painful to play with. And Lyra knew he was being dramatic back then.

She, however wasn't sure if she even wanted to play against him and felt relieved he wasn't, but still hoped he was okay. That morning, Lyra had problems with waking up and Ginny had to drag her out of bed.

     "Damn Lyra, your hair's a mess," said Zayna during breakfast.

"Do you always need to be so brutally honest?" Lyra asked drowsily.

"Of course I do, you look totally drained out. When did you sleep last night?"

"Two in the morning," she answered, yawning.

"Why? You know there's a Quidditch match today." Ginny looked panicked, almost as if she thought Lyra would fall off her broom midgame.

"Astronomy, you would think that being named after a constellation would help."

     "Colin can help you," Zayna suggested. "He has been helping me with it since last year." It was much better than studying things she would forget in a day.

"You're a lifesaver and don't worry, I'll do my hair later." She stretched her arm out to take some strawberry jam when Ginny's fingers brushed against hers.

They stared at each other for a moment and Lyra knew she had also felt something. Ginny was the first to talk. "Y-You can take it. It's your favourite." She pushed the jar toward her and Lyra took it, not looking at her.

     "D'you guys know who's commentator this year?" asked Natalie, ending the silence.

"Smith," said Colin from nearby.

"No!" Lyra exclaimed. "Tell me you're kidding. Not Zacharias Smith."

"I just heard him talk about it in the hallways," Colin explained, sitting next to Zayna. "He isn't lying." Zacharias was an extremely rude boy who wouldn't believe The Dark Lord was back and reluctantly joined the D.A last year. He was so annoying that Lyra wished she had the metal thing George threatened to use on him.