Agozie and her train made their way back to us

"Duty calls" I spoke and he nodded.

I led Agozie into the room where we were getting her ready as we helped her change her dress into a blouse and two wrappers.

"Baby you were on fire. Your dance was lit" I spoke and she giggled

"I know. I was just shaking my waist. Mummy taught me oo" she replied.

"Ahh. And you did that? You have embarrassed mummy. Mummy that can dance for Africa" Onyii joked making all of us to burst out laughing.

We tied her gele, changed her beaded jewelries to silver ones and I tied her wrapper for her. I stepped back a little and admired my handwork with a smile. We headed out and as we got out, she danced with her train to where my parents and my uncle's were sitting while I quickly made my way to where my friends were sitting. I pulled the only empty chair which was beside Ralph.

"Hi guys" I spoke as soon as I sat down

"Girl you look famished" Chizi stated.

"Tell me something I don't know. Been working for two days straight" I replied

"Eyaa. Sorry ehhh" Maria spoke as she rubbed my palm with hers and I smiled.

"Chizi is speaking big English" Ralph whispered to Arinze but his voice wasn't low enough and Chizi heard him. She threw him a nasty glare which made him raise both hands

"I'm scared of that girl" Arinze said and Ralph nodded.

I'm very sure he didn't want to say anything that would get him on Chizi's bad side.

"My daughter" I heard my dad say into the microphone gaining everybody's attention. My sister knelt in front of him "take this palm wine, look for the man you say you want to marry, give it to him to drink and then bring him to me"

My sister took the glass of palm wine and started the search for her husband as the DJ played traditional songs. We watched as people tried to get her to give them the drink.

Did they really expect her to give someone who isn't her husband the drink? People

She finally found him, kneeling in front of him, she gave him the palm wine and he drank while everyone cheered. After drinking, he put some money into the cup and she led him back to my dad. They knelt in front of him again and he started blessing them.

"This place is packed" Ralph commented, looking around

"Guy. It normal. People come to these occasions to eat" Arinze replied and we all agreed.

Before we knew it, Agozie and her husband were cutting an enormous cake.

"Babe are you spending the night?" I asked Chizi

"Noo. I don't have your mother's strenght" she replied

"Please now. It's true sef. Where are your parents?" I asked

"Right there" she pointed to where they were seated with prominent people.

"I'm coming." I spoke as I left the table and headed to where Chizi's parents were.

When I got there, I hugged Doris from behind, my hands around her neck

"Mummy ndeewoo (welcome)" I said and she turned.

"Ahhh. My baby. How are you?" She asked as she stood up and engulfed me in a tight hug.

"I'm fine" I replied and she let go, holding me at arm's length.