16. Miscarriage

TW: Miscarriage, Self-Degrading

September 7, 2020

Your phone alarm goes off as your heart rate spikes. This was the moment you would find out if you were pregnant. After months of trying, would you finally be able to start your family with the love of your life? 

You pick up the pregnancy test and flip it. You look at the test and a tear slips out of your eye as you read the plus sign. You quickly flipped over the back up test and it read positive. You slid down the bathroom wall and started crying. You were finally pregnant after months of disappointment. 

After sitting in the bathroom for 15 minutes, crying, you composed yourself. You weren't sure how you were going to tell your husband, Adam. He was currently in his recording room, streaming with his friends. 

You washed your hands and face and put the tests in your back jean pocket. You make your way to the kitchen and grab a glass of water. You stood at the counter, wondering how you were going to tell Adam, when a pair of arms wrapped around your waist. 

"Hey baby." Adam spoke into your neck.

"Hi." You respond.

Still unaware of how to tell him you continued drinking your water.

"What's in your pocket?" Adam asked.

Your breath hitches. You didn't know wether to lie or tell the truth.

"Pregnancy tests." You went with the truth.

"Why are they in your pocket?" He asked and lift his head off your neck and spun you around.

"So i wouldn't lose them." You giggled knowing he was madly confused.

"Why- Why wouldn't you just throw them out?" He asked disoriented.

You pull them out of your pocket and put them in front of him. At first he was still madly confused but when he figured it out over joyed.

"You're joking?!" He asked, not wanting you to say 'yes.'

You shook your head signalling 'no' and he engulfed you in a hug.

"I'm gonna be a dad?!" He exclaimed as a question.

"Yes baby." You kissed him. 

November 29, 2020

You were at your doctors appointment; ready to find out the gender of your baby. You were laying on the table with the gel on your stomach. The doctor takes the thing to see inside your stomach and places it on you belly. She moves it around trying to find the heartbeat. Her faces changes from a happy expression to a worried one. You noticed her change in expression and became worried yourself.

"Is everything okay?" You ask.

"Uh i think you might be suffering to a miscarriage..." The doctor awkwardly told you. 

Your heart stopped and shattered. 

"W-What?" You stuttered. 

The doctor turned off the thingy thing ( i have no clue what it's called but you know what i'm talking about) and wiped the gel off your stomach. 

"There's no way to tell 100% but keep up the pregnancy habits like no drinking or smoking just incase." She explained.

You just nodded and choked back tears. After a little talk about past pregnancies in your family she let you go. You got into the drivers seat of your car and leaned your head on the steering wheel. You didn't cry, not just yet. You knew you had to tell Adam. How could you tell the love of your life, that has been wanting a kid for years, that you can't do that for him. You sighed and began driving home in silence. 

Once you reach home, you unlock the door and are greeted with Adam sitting on the couch on his phone. He looked over at you and smiled. You gave him a fake back and sat next to him and cuddled into his side. He put his arm around you and looked back to his phone. You began silently crying without alerting him. You let out a small sniffle and he looked over at you, now realising you're crying. He put his phone down and put you on his lap. 

"What's wrong baby?" He asked while stroking your hair. 

"T-The doctor, She told m-me that i had a-" You couldn't tell him.

"She told you, you had a what?" He provoked politely. 

"A miscarriage" You whispered barely audible.

His actions had stopped. You could practically feel his heart drop. 

"I'm sorry." You whispered again.

"Look at me." And so you looked at him. "Don't be sorry. It's okay." He wiped your tears.

"It's not okay. It's my body, i obviously did something wrong." You sniffled.

"You didn't do anything wrong. There's always next time baby." He reassured.

"Why are you even with me i'm a useless piece of shit." You looked away from him. 

"You're aren't useless. You're fucking perfect and i love you." He says while placing a finger on your chin and turning your head to look at him. 

"I love you too." You whisper before he kisses you. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

hi, i'm back from the dead 👀

ik you all missed me 😈 

jk but hope you enjoyed 🤠

k bye lol 😝