Dream x Reader

(not my picture)
I've missed you

It's 2am and I can't sleep.  Clay has been acting distant for the past few weeks and it bothers me.  He lives just down the road from me so we used to hangout all the time and even play Minecraft together.. Just us.  But lately it seems like he's been avoiding me.  He's always making excuses as to why he can't or doesn't want to hang out.  I tried asking George but he says clay is acting like clay.  So he's no help.

I decided to text him to ask him if he wants to meet up or call.  It might be late at night but I know he's awake. 
Y/n
Hey,  you busy rn?
Clay
About to sleep
Y/n
can we call real quick? It's important. Please?
Clay
yeah sure

I face time him and he answers.  Only to be shown his ceiling.  Odd.. He always showed his face, never his ceiling or anything else.

"what's up"  clay asks me, not moving his phone.

"can I see your face?"  I ask him laughing a bit

"uh yeah sure.."  he moves his phone so I can see him sitting in his gaming chair.  He looks at the camera, smiles and waves.  I'll admit... He does have a cute smile.

"Have you been avoiding me?"  I've always been one to just get to the point.  I want answers.  I might just be over thinking this but I still want to know.

"No. Why would you think that? I've uhm.. Been busy that's all."  he's looking at his lap.

"clay what's going on."

"nothing just don't worry about it. It's none if your business."

With that he left the call and didn't respond to any of my messages.  There's no way I'll be able to sleep tonight.  I know I'm going to regret this but I can't help to think I did something wrong. 

I head to his house even tho it's really late I know he's still going to be awake.

When I get there I knock on his door and wait for him to answer.  After a while I think this was a stupid idea so I start to turn around until the door opens and I see a very distraught looking clay.

"Y/n?? What are you doing here? It's late"

"did I do something? You're mad at me.  Just tell me what I did so I can fix it please."  tears are rolling down my cheeks as I start to cry.  He's my best friend.  I can't take this anymore.

"y/n.. Come here."  he pulls me into a hug and rubs his hands up and down my back trying to calm me

"I've just been stressed and I know I shouldn't have lashed out at you like that.  It was uncalled for and I apologize.  Please do forgive me."  he pulls away and looks deep in my eyes.  I look into is emerald green ones. 

"I forgive you.  Just tell me what's going on next time ok?" 

"I will I promise"

"I've missed you clay"  I pull him back into another hug.

"I've missed you too y/n"