16: Maddi's birthday

Maddi's P.O.V (December 15th)

I wake up to Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Harry all standing at the edge of my bed.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they all say in sync.

"Good morning babe, happy birthday." Niall says, walking over and giving me a kiss.

"Thanks guys, what time is it though?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"It's 9 o'clock, we would've let you sleep in but Simon wants us to talk to him today. We don't know what it's about though." Liam explains. Ugh Simon, I've never liked him, I know he put the band together but I still hate him. I get dressed and meet the boys outside where Liam and Louis' cars are parked.

"We all drove over together so we are going to split into the two cars to get to Simon's 'office' as he says." Harry says putting quotation marks around office.

"I'm going with Maddi and Louis!" Niall says. I nod my head and we all hop into Louis' car.

"Wait for me!" Harry says, jumping into the front seat before I could.

"Hey!" I say slightly mad.

"Sit it the back with Niall." He says moving his eyebrows. I laugh at him and sit in the back with Niall. We drive for about 20 minutes before reaching Simon's office. We knock on his door.

"Come in." He says. "Ah, One Direction. please, take a seat." He says gesturing to the small lounge in the corner of the room.

"You are probably wondering why you are here right now." Simon says looking at each of us.

"Yeah kinda." Zayn says yawning.

"Well, I know about Louis and Harry. And I know about Maddi and Niall. No no no no and no. Absolutely not!" He shouts.

"What? We can't be together?" Harry asks, looking shocked.

"No you can't. We cannot have a gay relationship within the band! It's bad for business." Simon says glaring at Harry and Louis.

"What does this have to do with me and Niall then?" I ask.

"Well, you're the only girl in the group so we want some drama. Two of the boys fighting over you or something. It will make good TV for X Factor behind the scenes." Simon says.

"So we can't be together so that you make money? Fuck off." I say angrily getting up to walk out of the office.

"If you walk out that door you can say goodbye to any chance of a singing career." Simon says with a smirk. I turn around and walk over to him.

"Bite me Simon." I say and slap him.

"That's it! If you think for one second that you have the right to speak to me like that and assault me you have another thing coming! You are all signing contracts. Right here, right now." He says angrily. After about an hour Simon comes back, his face is red and I'm quite proud to be honest.

"Right, here's how this works. You sign this or you leave the band and say goodbye to a career as a singer, instrumentalist, artist, musician, whatever." He explains.

"Now, Harry and Niall are going to be fighting over who gets to date Maddi. Louis is going to get a girlfriend to cover up Harry and Louis, but not until next year. Zayn is going to date Liam's sister to add more drama and Liam is going to flirt with Cheryl a lot as everyone saw you two getting close on the show. If you don't agree you can say goodbye to One Direction." Simon explains.

We all look at each other in shock. Zayn looks happy for himself but I can tell that he feels terrible for the rest of us. Liam looks the same. Louis and Harry are crying while I just sit there. I clench my fists, I want to punch something, the wall, Simon, anything. We all sign the papers and go back to mine and Louis' house. I run upstairs and slam the door, I hurts into tears. He doesn't care about our relationships or our lives, Simon only cafes about the money. And he had to do it on today of all days.

This has got to be the worst birthday ever.