Chapter 13: Halloween

Yes, this is a Halloween Special. It's also going to be part of the canon of this story so anything that happens in this chapter effects the rest of the book.

YOUR POV
It's getting around that time of the year. The time of the year that never gets celebrated because of the ongoing war. Halloween. The legend was that people would dress up to hide themselves from the evil spirits that lurked within our kingdoms. In other words Valt, Shu, and I would dress up to hide ourselves from Lui.
We'd then go around to different houses in each kingdom to get some treats like candy or apples. Finally we'd end the night in the middle of my kingdom to dance the night away in market square and compete against each other in childish games like apple bobbing or spider throwing. Valt was always scared of spider throwing, he always thought the fake gummy spiders were real. Shu and I always had to force him to pick one up to throw.
Staring our the window I sighed. Tomorrow would've been Halloween, but like every year since the war broke out In stuck inside the castle. Except this time it wasn't my castle.
"Is everything alright (y/n)?"
Red Eye's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Oh, what?"
"I asked if everything was alright."
"Oh, yes everything is. It's just... some memories." I was looking at Red Eye, waiting for him to respond.
"If I remember anything, isn't a special holiday that your kingdom used to celebrate tomorrow?"
This took me a bit by surprise. "Uhh, yes it is. But how did you know?"
"I make it a mission to understand the people's kingdoms I take over. So I've studied about these types of holidays." He then sat down on the bed facing me. "It's Halloween tomorrow, right?" I nodded in response. "Well, I don't like seeing my Queen sad. What if we have a Halloween celebration tomorrow?"
I stared at him in disbelief. "Wait, really? But wouldn't that be a lot of work to get done by tomorrow? I wouldn't want to put any stress on you Red Eye."
He stood up, walked over to me, and bent down to kiss my head. "Nothing is more important to me than your happiness. Plus it'll give me a chance to introduce you to my new adviser. I'm sure you're going to love him." With that he walked out of our shared bedroom and shut the door. Maybe there will be a Halloween for me after all.

3RD PERSON POV
Red Eye walked to his throne room and saw Valt standing there, not in his torn up clothing but beautiful blue and yellow silks fit for a king. "Hey Shu! So what's up?!"
"Valt, I told you not to call me Shu in public. But (y/n) is missing Halloween. Like what we used to do when we were younger."
"Oh yeah! Like running around to houses seeing who could get the most candy. Those games we used to play where we could win stuffed animals and prizes. (y/n) always loved those stuffed animals too."
"The way you'd always run away from the spider throwing booth."
Valt's face flushed with a bright red. "I swear those spiders were real. I don't understand how you and (y/n) could touch those things." Valt then shuddered at the thought.
"Well since your my advisor now we're both going to put together a Halloween festival for (y/n)."
"By tomorrow?" Valt stated dumbfounded.
"By tomorrow Valt. So let's get working." Valt nodded at the statement. With that, both Shu and Valt went on their way.

THE NEXT DAY
YOUR POV
Waking up Red Eye was still sound asleep next to me. He honestly didn't look like that threatening evil dictator that everyone made him out to be. Red Eye began to toss and turn a bit slowly opening up his eyes. "Morning (y/n)."
'Morning Red Eye." I don't know why but my face felt like it was on fire. I've slept in this bed with him for a little while already how am I still this nervous around him.
"Ready to get up? I have a surprise for you."
"You do?"
"Yes, go get ready and come down to the throne room." He then got out of the bed and walked away. Going to the bathroom I changed into a red, strapless dress that went down to my ankles. It also had sleeves that dropped past my wrists. Then I walked down to the throne room.

3RD PERSON POV
(y/n)'s eyes widened as she opened the throne room door. "V-valt?"
"Hey (y/n)! Ready for some Halloween fun!"
"Valt!" (y/n) ran up to him and hugged him to a bit of the dismay of Red Eye.
Red Eye interrupted the moment. "Now, how about we go outside. Valt did mention Halloween right? You can ask him all the questions you want later."
(y/n) let go of Valt and stared at Red Eye with disbelief. "Wait, Halloween?"
"That's my surprise love. Let's go outside." (y/n) blushed at the nickname Red Eye called her, but nodded. Red Eye put a hand around her waist causing (y/n)'s face to explode with a blush even more. Red Eye and Valt lead (y/n) out of the castle and to the central of town.
At the central of town there were pumpkins, black and orange streamers, and all types of treats everywhere. (y/n)'s eyes sparkled with excitement, she also saw a bunch of the games she played as a kid. "Wow. This is amazing Red Eye!"
"Valt and I planned it together for you. Now, let's go have some fun."
"Yeah! Let's go!" Valt laughed and dragged (y/n) by her hand to some of the stalls in the center of town. This caused Red Eye to be dragged along as well since his arm was still sort of wrapped around (y/n)'s.
The whole night Valt, Red Eye, and (y/n) played a bunch of games and ate some carmel apples. (y/n) basically forgot that she was captured and brought to this kingdom against her will.
When Valt saw the spider throwing game, he opted to sit out and just get some bet bread, his kingdom's national food. (y/n) watched as Red Eye played the spider throwing game. He threw the three spiders he was given in the middle of the web and won a (animal) stuffed animal and gave it to (y/n).
(y/n) smiled as she pet the soft toy and spoke. "You did all of this for me?"
Red Eye brought his hand up to her cheek. "Of course I did. I love you." Red Eye leaned down and kissed (y/n) on the lips. (y/n) was surprised, but didn't draw back. This began to make her think. Maybe Red Eye wasn't so bad after all.

MEANWHILE
THE KINGDOM OF DRAGONS
"You called me your majesty."
"Yes Gabe, let's just say I have a job for you."
"Of course, anything for you Prince Lui..."

_____________________________________________
1194 Words!

Sorry this took so long, school sucks. Happy Halloween! I hope you're enjoying the story. Stay Safe and have a great day!