Chapter 20: It's Time to Go

THE HALLWAY
YOUR POV

The amulet was glowing, I don't know why but I had a feeling that I was getting closer to Shu and possibly the other artifacts. Sprinting down the enormous hallway we came to a split in the road. Sasha stopped dead in her tracks, "I'll take Toko and Nika away from this battle", she looked me dead in the eye and pointed to the left split, "Looking at the Amulet of (bey name), you should find the battle down there. (y/n), I hope you're right about Red Ey-" Sasha took a deep breath, "I mean Shu." Sasha hugged me tight. "Promise me you'll come back."

I held back a few tears, "I promise Sasha." Toko and Nika understood the situation and didn't complain about having to leave two of the people they cared about the most in their lives to fight for their kingdoms. The twins hugged me and then their older brother. After that, Sasha, Toko, and Nika left down the right split of the hallway. "Okay Valt, time to end this."

Valt nodded and handed me a pretty dinky pocket knife. "Seriously Valt? Do you have no other weapon on you?" I asked pretty annoyed with the choice of defending myself.

The blue haired prince gave me an apologetic look. "Sorry (y/n). I'd give you the sword but if you ended up chopping your own head off because you didn't know how to use it, I think Shu would actually murder me." Laughing a bit at the off-handed joke, we both began to sprint down the left split of the hallway where the sounds of clashing swords could be heard. Soon enough I could see the glamorous double doors of the throne room, and a whole group of guards running towards the room in front of us. I gave Valt a worried look. We both stopped as he whispered to me. "(y/n), I'm going to draw them away from that throne room. Once I do that go, get to Shu and finish this for us all."

"Valt, you should go. I'll act as the distraction. You're the one who knows how to fight!" Valt put a hand on my shoulder. At that moment I looked at Valt and finally realized how grown up he really was. Valt's unkept porcupine hair had grown out, his jaw was sharper, granted not as defined as Shu's, and if someone looked close enough they could see the little stubble beginning to grow on his cheeks. We weren't those twelve year old little kids anymore who never woke up on time. We were now seasoned diplomats of our kingdoms fighting for our lives. I looked into his eyes and realized what he was trying to convey. I nodded my head and pushed myself to the side of the large hallway waiting for Valt's distraction.

"Hey you!" All of those guards whipped their heads around, a look of realization washing over them putting together that this was the prince that was supposed to be dead long ago. "SNAILS ARE PEOPLE TOO!" And with that Valt started sprinting back down the way we came with the plethora of guards following him.

Okay so maybe I gave Valt a little too much credit about growing up. Either way I rushed through the glamorous double doors only to see Shu backed into a corner by Lui and Gabe. At that moment Shu's eyes land on me with terror coursing through them.

"(y/n) get out of here!" I noticed too late that Gabe had already come barreling towards me, but before he could reach me my amulet began to glow like the other artifacts in the room. My amulet flew off my neck and into the center of the room, the same with the Sword of Spryzen, Armor of Valtryek, Pendant of Zeutron, Shield of Kerbeus, and Headdress of Luinor. The six artifacts from the six kingdoms combined to create this glowing outfit.

Awestruck, I was taken out of my gaze by Lui. "Those artifacts are mine!" The brash prince took off towards the artifact outfit as Shu, who was also taken out of the trance followed right behind him taking out a smaller long sword that he concealed in the back of his armor. I saw Gabe also begin to to get to the two but I tried to stop him by also running after the clearly more in shape than I am man.

This wasn't going to work. Gabe was way too fast for me, but then I remembered the pocket knife Valt had given me. It wouldn't do much damage but it was all I had. I threw the knife towards the back of Gabe. Of course no real blood was shead because Gabe had literal armor on, but it definitely got his attention. Deciding to give up on trying to help his prince secure the artifact outfit, he turned directions and began to run towards me. "Princess! Just give up now! Don't make me do something that I don't want to do!"

I ran like the wind. I didn't have time for any snide remarks back to Gabe. I had to think. There was no way I could out run nor out fight Gabe. He just seemed too powerful. I looked towards the far end of the room at the two extravagant thrones. Of course, its a throne room, and one of those thrones have to weigh at least more than three carriages. If I can somehow get Gabe near there, all I'd have to do is push over a chair to knock him out. Seems easier said than done though. Glancing behind me, Gabe was right on my tail, but I wasn't going to give up now. Not when Shu is so close to uniting the six kingdoms in peace, until my last breath I won't give up. "Catch me if you can Gabe!" I was in such a moment that I didn't hear the cries of agony coming from inside the throne room.

MEANWHILE
SHU'S POV

I reached Lui and went for a killing blow slashing my long sword try to hit down his back to take him out of this battle. It unfortunately didn't work as Lui who still had his sword turned around and engaged me in battle again. Focused on this blue haired freak in front of me, I could see out of the corner of my eye (y/n) being chased around by Gabe. I had to end this quickly for her and for peace.

I leaped back and once one of my feet landed I pushed off of it to tackle Lui in the gut leading to both of us fallin overonto the ground of the throne room. I pinned him down as he used his leg to kick me in the gut and push me off my sword falling to the way side. Weaponless and with the artifact outfit right in front of me, I didn't know what to do. Lui stood right in front of the outfit with his pristine sword still in tact. I stood up slowly, Lui's eyes watching me like a hawk and assessing how he's going to stab me in the most affective but painful way possible. I take a breath. I don't want to kill Lui. As much hell as he's put me through, I can't do it. Not to him. But he needs to be imobolized indefinitely.

Lui, seemingly deciding how to finally kill me launched himself forward as I turned to the side and grabbed the hilt of his sword where his right hand was. I utilized my left had to grab his left hand and bent down flipping him over me. He landed on the floor with a loud thud. I didn't get the sword out of his hand, but I turned it, stabbing him straight in the stomach. Lui's cries of agony filled the room as I took the sword out of him to let the blood flow out of his body. This blow wouldn't kill him, but I know it'll leave him unable to fight the same way he used to ever again.

I dropped Lui's bloody sword and turned to the artifact outfit as Lui's cries of agony turned into laughter as he spoke. "You really think you're going to unite the six kingdoms with silly artifacts Kurenai? Hah! You're dumber than I thought. Who'd ever follow some murderer like you..." Lui's voice stopped as he passed out behind me.

No turning back now. I walked towards the artifact outfit and touched it. Suddenly, all of the artifacts surrounded me and dressed me like a king. The king I was always meant to be. The king who did all of this to protect his queen in times of danger.

3RD PERSON POV

Shu's body was covered in the six kingdoms's artifacts and lifted him up from the ground with a wave of energy being sent out into the rest of the room. That burst of energy went unnoticed by (y/n) until she realized both of the thrones had been knocked over. Both of those heavy thrones being pushed over and knocking out Gabe, but also hitting into (y/n) sending her into a state of shock and pain.

That cry took Shu out of his initial state of power as he set himself back down onto the throne room floor and lifted the heavy throne off of his beloved queen. Shu picked (y/n) up bridal style, looking down at her. "Thank you my queen. It's time to go back now. I couldn't have done this without you." (y/n) passed out from pure pain and exhaustion.

That burst of energy was not confined to only the throne room though, it was blasted through all of the six kingdoms. Citizens from all six kingdoms looked towards the sunset sky as the glow sent a wave of prosperity through the grounds of the kingdoms. Most citizens didn't know what this meant, but the ones who did realized that the true ruler of the six kingdoms has come and is ready to unite them and bring prosperity. In the end though, Shu stood as a beacon of unity and hope.

_______________________________________
1714 Words

Finally, after exactly 2 years. Thank you for all that have stuck with this story. The final chapter of this story will be out this Thursday.