Chapter 12: Kingdom of Dragons

3RD PERSON POV
   Shasa and Wakiya had smuggled themselves back to the Kingdom of Dragons through networks of carriages that intertwine between kingdoms. In under two days Shasa and Wakiya were back to the Kingdom of Dragons. Wakiya, never being to the Kingdom of Dragons before, was surprised to see the ground scorched. It looked kind of like Red Eye had been here when he hadn't.
   "Why does everything here look so uncultured?" Wakiya stated demeaningly.
   "We've been in a war against Red Eye and his forces for years. Do you think most of us have time to tend to crops while we try to supply ourselves to fight?"
   "I guess not. But still, you could all at least try to brighten up this place."
   "Ugh. I can't believe I had to save you, out of all people. You know, I've only known you for a few days, but I already want to drive a sword through your head." Wakiya rolled his eyes as both of them finally made it to the castle in the center of the town.
   Opening the double doors there was a long strategy table in the middle. Around it was Lui, his parents, (y/n)'s parents, and a few strategizing officials. Lui, looking up annoyed, yelled. "Finally! Took you both long enough!"
   "Well it would've taken one day if someone didn't have to stop and clean their boots." Shasa replied. Glaring at Wakiya.
   "Whatever, I have your information. You should be honored to be in my presence anyways." With that Wakiya walked over to the tactical table. The people around it, instantly regretting rescuing him, out of all people from the clutches of Red Eye. Shasa then decided to walk out of the main room.

SHASA'S POV
   I can't believe we choose to get that blond idiot out of jail. We don't need him, I could've just as easily stole the information. Going to the kitchen I picked up some bread. I wanted to check on Toko and Nika to see how they've been doing. It hasn't been that long since the Kingdom of Crystals had been attacked, but it felt like ages.
   We decided to become aligned with the Kingdom of Dragons to get Princess (y/n) and take down Red Eye. The only thing I never agreed with, was how we got this alliance. The Kingdom of Dragons only agreed to this alliance, if and when we rescue Princess (y/n), that she must then marry Prince Lui. And trust me when I say, I was not happy.
   Every kingdom knows that Prince Lui, is basically a jerk. No one liked him, people only respected him because of his valiant wins during the war against Red Eye. I don't want Princess (y/n) to be with someone like him.
   Realizing I was on front of the twins room, I knocked on the brown door. "Toko, Nika, I brought some bread!"
   The door was slowly opened by the small, pink haired girl. "Oh, hi Shasa. Come in!" I could tell she was trying to force a smile. She misses her brother so much, and (y/n) was like an older sister to her and her brother. I tried my best to cheer them up, but it was usually to no avail.
   Walking inside the room the twins shared I gave them some bread. I really wish I could've gotten them something better, but because of the war, there wasn't that much of a variety of food to eat. "So, how are you both doing today?" It was so hard to look at them. They're so young and have basically lost all their family.
   "Well, I found a new book in the messy library." Toko responded.
   "Oh really? What was it about Toko?"
   "It was all about magical animals, oh oh, and about this boy who could talk to them. It was so cool. But I couldn't really read it all."
   "Would you like me to read it to you and Nika?"
   Nika smiled a bit. "Yes please! Can we start from the beginning though, Toko didn't want to share the book with me."
   I relaxed a smidge. "Oh course Nika."

THE STRATEGY ROOM
3RD PERSON POV
   "So you need to be careful of those spies. I don't exactly remember how many Red Eye sent, but I could easily point some of them out. I suggest doing an investigation of your guards." Wakiya explained. Lui mentally took down all that he was told. Red Eye knew that his kingdom was week at the back, but he didn't have enough forces to spread them out. Granted he did really seem to care about (y/n). That got him thinking.
   "Prince Lui. Please pay attention." One of the older strategists was trying to bring Lui back into the meeting.
   "Uhh, yeah. Okay so we'll have to recruit more people for the army." Lui responded.
   "How will that even happen? We've already recruited about fifty percent of men from the kingdom." The stratigest responded.
   "Well then we're going to have to push that up to seventy-five percent." Everyone at the table looked at him like he was insane.
   "Are you serious!? Then there won't be enough men left to tend to crops. We're at a food shortage at it is, this isn't going to end well Prince."
   "Oh well. The women in this kingdom can keep things together. So deal with it." Lui then stormed out of the room and into his.
   His kingdom can deal without some more men. Then again if he thought about it some women in his kingdom could probably do better at fighting than some of the men. There was then the thought from earlier. Red Eye and (y/n), why did Red Eye want her so much. Granted he did see why he might like her, she's beautiful, smart, caring, but how would Red Eye even know any of that.
   He does care for her a lot. What if he took (y/n). Lui inwardly smirked. He was going to marry her anyways once he won. Taking (y/n) would definitely set Red Eye off, and get him over here in such a blind rage. But Lui couldn't shake the feeling that Red Eye was someone he knew.

_____________________________________________
1048 Words

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'll try my best to update quicker, but school did just start for me. Stay safe and have a great day!