Chapter 7: Wakiya

3RD PERSON POV
As the albino threw open the door both the male and female looked at him surprised. Red Eye was angered beyond belief. Still, the blond didn't move away from (y/n) and stood there frozen. "Move away from her... now." Red Eye said in an eerily low voice.
   As the blond let go of the (color) haired girl, Red Eye tackled him onto the ground trying to knock him out. (y/n) didn't know what to say. All she did was back up more into the wall and slide down it, hands over her mouth.
   "This will teach you to touch what's mine." Red Eye stood Wakiya up with is right hand around his neck, slowly chocking him. "Look me in the eye." Reluctantly Wakiya did so. "Never touch her again. I'd kill you, but that would be to easy for you. I think it'd be better if you stayed in the dungeons to rot until you die. Then maybe, if your lucky, I won't torture you until you die as well."
   Red Eye's nails dug into Wakiya's neck, blood slowly trickling down the blond's neck. Wakiya was petrified and just didn't move a muscle. The albino the yelled for some guards to take Wakiya down to the dungeons.
   Once the albino got back to his senses he finally realized his angel was on the floor silently crying. Had he scared her that much? He sat down on the floor trying to reach out to (y/n), to realize she flinched back. Red Eye sighed. Standing back up, he left the room.

YOUR POV
   I was on the floor, not moving at all. So this is what people were talking about. This isn't even how cruel Red Eye can be. This is just a sliver of his power and here I am on the floor, trembling.
   Yes Wakiya was making me incredibly uncomfortable, but I could've handled that. Then Red Eye went... crazy. I guess, I am his. But this was insane.
   Looking around the room on the floor, you could see the Wakiya's blood on the carpet. My breathing was heavy and my vision was blurry. I couldn't handle what just happened in front of me. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.
   "My lady! May I come in?" It was Ken. Getting up I opened one of the doors. "I heard what happened. How about we discuss this over some tea?" I didn't really have anything to do, so I nodded.
   We walked down to the kitchen, an area I haven't been before. Ken started to introduce me to everyone in the kitchen. "This is Ange, she's the head chef and the one who cooked your lunch today."
   "Wow. Nice to meet you Ange." I tried plastering a forced smile on my face.
   "Oh dear." She leaned over to Ken, whispering but still loud enough for me to hear. "His majesty finally got rid of Wakiya, didn't he."
   "What do you mean, finally got rid of?" I asked out of curiosity.
   "Well dear, let me tell you how Wakiya really got here. He once was the top advisor for the Prince of the Skies. Zac. I also came from that kingdom. Wakiya was always self serving and only did things to get himself higher in the ranks. But that doesn't take out  the fact that he was good at doing his job. He gained the trust of everyone in the castle, especially the prince. Wakiya knew where the Pendant of Zeutron was, and used it to his advantage. When he caught a whiff that Red Eye was going to take out his kingdom, he didn't care. All he did was meet Red Eye, and told him how to get into the kingdom and where the pendant was. I knew what was going on, but didn't say a thing. I hoped, deep down that this would fail, but it didn't. We were the first to be taken over, I got lucky and got a job. Many others, weren't. Wakiya will forever be a traitor to me and the kingdom I came from..." Ange stopped for a moment. "But that doesn't matter now. Don't worry about that, it was just me being annoyed with Wakiya. Now let's talk about Red Eye."
   "I-I... he was different. He seemed a little cold of course, but I still thought some of the rumors about him being ruthless wasn't true. Then he tried to choke out Wakiya, but now after hearing that story, I suddenly don't feel so bad." I responded in a meek voice.
   "Dear, I need to tell you something. What you saw was just Red Eye having a bad day. Trust me he's nicer than he seems." She explained.
   "It sure doesn't seem like it..." I mumbled.
   "Please, I'm being serious. He only wants the best for you and you alone." Ange said.
   "That's a little creepy."
   Then Ken began to talk, and not through his puppets, but with his actual voice. "Ange is right though. Right after I began to serve him he would always talk about this (color) haired girl who was his the princess from the Kingdom of Crystals. Red Eye would always talk about how you were everything he could want. It was nice to hear him talk about normal people stuff. He just never stopped talking about you when he was in a good mood. Honestly, we were kind of hoping that when you got here he would be in a mood like that all the time. And he was for the most part. At least until Wakiya got him angry."
  I was the reason he was in a 'good mood'. I should give Red Eye the benefit of the doubt. But what if it was him being the real him. "I still don't understand. Was him getting all angry at Wakiya the real him?"
   "We'd like to think the him being all nice and lovey dovey to you is the real him." Ange replied.
    "I guess I could try talking to him later tonight."
    "You should my lady." Ken said. "I'll see to it that his majesty has cooled down now." Ken then left.
     Before I could leave, Ange grasped my wrist. "I need to tell you something."
    Stopping and turning around I replied. "Sure, what is it Ange."
   "Look dear. Red Eye is not who he seems. Just want you to know that him bringing you back here has been the best thing that has happened to him. You may have only been here for about a day, but in that day I've seen Red Eye change. He does love you, I see it. I really feel like this is more than just taking over all the kingdoms for himself. I believe this might all be for you." She smiled at me and let me go.
   Walking out of that kitchen, I thought about what she said. "All for me? Now that's a little crazy..."

_____________________________________________
1166 Words

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Stay safe and have a great day.