1

Ring

Ring

Ring

Call rejected.

Ring

Ring

Ring

'Ok Chae, just ignore it.'

Ring

Ring

Ring

Finally, she picked up the phone.

'Ugh, who keeps calling me at night?!'

She sighed.

"Hello?"

"Yah! Hi! I thought it was an unmissable opportunity, so I called you and-"

That was as far as the caller got before Chae interrupted, anger clear in her voice.

"What was so important, that you couldn't wait until morning?"

She was really upset at the moment.

"Aish, you should be nicer! I'm not surprised the others consider you a cold bitch without feelings. But, luckily, I know you, and-"

Chaerin couldn't let those words go unchallenged.

"Yah! Park Bom, tell me now, what was so important that you couldn't wait until morning? Do you even know what time is it? I want to sleep!"

Bom was silent for a while. She wasn't shocked; she knew Chaerin like no one else. Something just took her speech away.

"Bom? Hello? Ah, Bom, I'm sorry..."

"Nah, it's alright! I was just speechless for a while because, you know... you yelled at me! At your unnie!"

They both chuckled.

"Ok, so the reason why I called you is.... tudum tudum tudum... PARTY! I want to take you to a party on Saturday. And I don't want to hear any excuses!"

"What! Do you want to die?! Wait, a stupid party is the reason that you called?! You know what? Bye. Don't call me until I call you myself."

Lee was about to end the call, but Bom managed to say,

"Just get ready for Saturday. Think about it, we... well, YOU could finally have some fun, take a break from work...I know you love your job, but you need some rest too. "

"Ugh, okay, okay. Just shut up and let me sleep right now. I'll think about it and call you tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Chaerin."

Chaerin hung up. She got up from the couch she was seated on and went straight to her bed, grumpy clouds already forming in her mind.