Finally Over.

Another long chapter today readers. This might be more than 'Broken' which had like 7,000+ words. This chapter has over 8,500+ words, most I've ever done so strap in readers as this is gonna be a doozy.

On that note, enjoy.

They must have fallen through a couple floors as Chat notices they have been airborne for a while. It was hard to see through the debris but Chat Noir with the help of his enhanced feline eyes, he can make out the thick rocks in his way and can easily dodge them.

That, however couldn't help determine when he was gonna hit rock bottom so keeping Marinette safe within his arms is the main priority.

Meanwhile, the bluenette wasn't holding it up well either. As they continue to fall through, her heart can be felt sinking as she can't take the pressure of freefalling. The protection and confidence she had as Ladybug was gone.

All she could do is cling onto him.

"I see it!" he shouts out immediately, sparking the attention of the scared bluenette. He prepares her for the landing as he does his best to make it as soft as he could.

The floor was approaching and he could see the rocks and metal poles were scattered everywhere. If he wasn't careful enough, he could endanger his princess life and that was hard enough as it is.

So he came up with an idea.

Chat puts away his baton so his left hand is free and channels his destructive power and aims it at the ground. He doesn't know if this idea will fare well with what comes after but it was worth a shot.

"Cataclysm Skill: Decaying Shot!" it wasn't a normal cataclysm shot as it was more powerful and dangerous. The shot was fast and precise, hitting the debris below them and immediately spreading around.

It affected everything it touched, or atleast everything that Chat Noir wanted it to and because of that, the rocks and metal poles broken down to mere sand. Yes, sand was what he needed to make the landing for them softer and safer. With the help of the dust, they both landed safely and Chat could finally let Marinette down.

He let go of his hold of her but she did not. He noticed that throughout that whole time they were falling, she did not once stop shaking.

He didn't blame her tho, anybody would quake in fear when their lives were being put in danger and he hated the fact she was put through all this.

He hated everything about this. He hated how much trauma Marinette has developed through the months, he hated that she was being in through so many dangerous situations time and time again, he hated how his father was revealed to be Hawkmoth, he hated how everyone he cares about suffered through alot by his sake as Chat Blanc but there was one more thing he despised most.

Above all, he hated how he found out Marinette was actually the heroine of Paris, Ladybug.

Knowing this, the enemies she fought such as Hawkmoth and many other villains (including himself) she had to go through were all done by her. The guilt trip in his conscience only stacked up until it began to be unbearable to hold. At this point, no words he could say is ever gonna be enough to portray how sorry he feels.

"It's okay Marinette. You can let go of me now." She needed a second to readjust herself and regain her composure. He looks up to see his face, weak, tired and covered in dust. "Chat. I'm sorry. You shouldn't see me like this." Chat petted her in the air to reassure her and to some degree, it worked, "I'm just glad you are safe."

"Come on, I have to get you to safety" he tries to pick her back up but Marinette was hesitant. "W-Wait! No! I can still help" she protested but Chat only looked at her with guilt in his eyes. He knows she has done enough and he didn't want to put her through anymore but her stubbornness was unmatched.