Chapter 22 : Chase The Giant

<Your POV>

We are all in Oji-san's office. Oji-san and the man sit on the couch facing each other with a coffee table separating the two. Me, Conan and Ran were of course standing behind Oji-san. The man was telling us his identity as a detective and why he ran away is because of seeing Ran expression changed.

After sometime, Oji-san grew annoyed of the detective sunglasses and snatch it away from the detective revealing a really cute-big-sparkling looking eyes. I was squealing in my heart at how cute the detective look. However, Conan and Oji-san just openly laugh at the detective.

Ran then scolded them for being disrespectful. Oji-san then get back to the main point of trying to find a clue on Masami-san whereabout.

Kogorou : Ahem.... So, you were also hired to find Hirota Kenzou-san....

The Detective : Yes.... But when I located his apartment, you were already.... Based on your conversation, I understand that you and I had been hired for the same job, but something seems funny about....

The detective looks at Oji-san, confuse seeing his body shaking when Oji-san suddenly start to laugh again with Conan. Me and Ran knock Conan and Oji-san head.

Conan then groan in pain the same with Oji-san. Hearing Conan groan, I feel bad about knocking his head but he deserves it. However, I still go to the kitchen and return back with a half wet-cold cloth then put it on his head hearing a sigh of relief from him. The detective then takes back his sunglasses and wear it.

Kogorou : And what was it that you thought was funny?

The Detective : It's about Hirota-san's family....

Kogorou : Family?

The Detective : This is the person who hired me to find Hirota-san. What he told me was this.... That his elder brother left Kyushu for Tokyo and he asked me to find him, his only blood relative....

Kogorou : His only blood relative.... Hirota-san wasn't supposed to have any relations other than his daughter, Masami-san....

Ran : That's weird!! Masami-san said that she was searching for her father, who came from Yamagata!

Kogorou : Hmm.... That is definitely strange.... There can't be two Hirota-san's....

The Detective : And there's something else.... One of the people at the taxi company Hirota-san worked for told me.... Every night, Hirota-san would drive along the same route, with no passengers at reckless speeds....

Kogorou : It could just be typical stress relief. It happens a lot as you get middle-aged.

Oji-san said denying it. But I think differently as to why would Hirota-san do that. If it was once in a while, then it is fine. But, from what the detective said, Hirota-san did it daily, along that same route and without any passengers at that.

Kogorou : What kind of person was your employer?

The Detective : Let me see.... Hirota Akira, age 28. He was quite the giant, at a height of over 190cm....

As soon as the four of us his words, we were all in utter shock.

Kogorou : A GIANT!!

The Detective : Y-yes....

Kogorou : Base on the large handprints around his throat, we guess it was probably the work of a very large man.... SO? DID YOU TELL HIM WHERE HIROTA-SAN WAS STAYING?!

The Detective : Y-yes, I did.... And right after that must have been when Hirota-san was killed. I think he might have something to do with it....

Kogorou : THAT'S IT!! IT MUST BE HIM! HE WAS THE ONE WHO KILLED HIROTA-SAN!! AND THE HE TOOK MASAMI-SAN SOMEWHERE.... WHERE?! WHERE IS HIS CONTACT ADDRESS?!