19

~Luke's POV~

I slammed my car door shut as I got out, glancing over at Delilah's short frame, her head popping over the top of the car. My lips twitched and I locked the doors, finding it amusing that she was so short only her head reached over the top of the car.

Delilah began to skip up her driveway and I obediently followed along, somewhat wishing that I could go home and yet also not minding that I would be stuck at her house again. However, being that it was now Friday, I knew I'd be staying here even later than normal because both her parents seemed to work late on Friday's. Of course, I knew this by now, though, so it wasn't like I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Besides, we were friends now, sort of. As close to friends as I could get with a girl that I wanted to get naked, anyways.

Skipping up the driveway, Delilah's clumsiness decided to make another appearance when she somehow managed to trip herself over her own foot. Down she went, squealing as she keeled over on her knees, probably skinning them on the concrete. I imagined it couldn't have felt very good. "Jesus, bubbles." I sighed, rolling my eyes at how clumsy she was. "Are y--" A gust of wind suddenly blew through, making her short pink skirt fly up.

Beyond surprised, I choked on my own words and coughed, looking away even though it was way too late now. "Are you okay?" I asked as I stared up at the leaves on the tree in their front yard like they were the most interesting thing on the planet. "Y-Yes." She stammered and I looked back down at her, relieved when I saw that she had fixed her skirt, her small hands holding it down so it wouldn't blow up again.

It was too late for that now, though. I wouldn't be getting the sight of her strawberry covered panties out of my head anytime soon.

She cleared her throat and stood up quickly, a bright pink color in her cheeks as she stared up at me. "Did you see them?" She asked quietly, sounding like she was drowning in her own embarrassment. I didn't want to embarrass her further but I also didn't want to lie, because there wasn't much use in that. "Maybe." I muttered, and her face immediately turned ten shades redder.

Although I knew I probably shouldn't have, I couldn't help but to tease her. "Strawberries, Lilah?" I grinned in amusement and chuckled when she gaped at me. "S-Stop it!" She exclaimed, quickly spinning around to race up to her front door.

I laughed and followed after her, grinning like an idiot at how cute she was. "Seems like you're even childish with your underwear." I taunted, and she scowled at me over her shoulder, having to crane her head back a bit. "I am not! Y-You just caught me on a bad day!" She argued, making me raise my brows, trying not to laugh in her face. I was sure she didn't know how her words sounded. "Are you telling to take a peek at your panties on a different day, bubbles?" I teased. "How scandalous!" I gasped dramatically. I just couldn't resist teasing her, not when she gave me the reactions she did.

As I expected from her, she blushed brightly again and then turned back to the front door, hurriedly opening it up before she stepped inside. Clearly, she just wanted to pretend that I hadn't said that.

Still smiling to myself, I followed her into the house and shut the door, making sure to lock it behind me. I trailed her all the way to her bedroom, making sure not to get a glance underneath her skirt again when she walked up the stairs in front of me. If ever I got to see under her clothes again, it was going to be when she asked me to take them off.

We entered her bedroom and I flopped down onto her soft bed after I threw my backpack on the floor at the foot of her bed, the scent of sugar cookies wafting around when my head hit her pillows. It smelled just like her. I'd probably never admit it aloud, but I had kind of grown to associate warmth with the scent, to feel comforted by it.