9

~Luke's POV~

When Delilah's mom called us to the dining room for dinner, I reluctantly left the comfortable bed and groaned as I stretched my limbs out.

I let Delilah lead me out of her room, glancing down at her short, curvy little figure as she walked in front of me. She was a tiny little thing in comparison to me. Normally I liked girls who were a little bit taller—girls who I didn't have to bend down towards just to kiss them—but Delilah was adorably short. Sure, she was weird, but I wouldn't pretend like I didn't think it was cute how tiny she was, the way she had to tilt her head back just to look at me was freakishly cute. Even I could admit that.

We reached the dining room and I sat down next to Delilah, since my mom and dad had taken the only other two seats across from Delilah and I. This was the only seat left, right next to her. I plopped down into the wooden chair and looked down at the food on my plate, noting to myself how good it smelled. I waited for a moment before I began to eat, just to be sure that it was okay to, and nearly moaned at the taste. Damn. And Delilah gets to eat food like this every night? Fuck, what a lucky little bitch she is.

I practically inhaled everything on my plate, being the very first to finish—at least I thought I was, until I glanced at Delilah and saw her plate was cleared already.

My jaw dropped and I gaped at her, wondering how she had managed to put away all of that food so quickly. She had fucking beat me, and she didn't even seem like she was affected. In fact, I could see her eyeing the cupcakes on the kitchen counter as if she were trying to make them float over into her grasp. It seemed that this girl could really eat.

Seeming to sense that I was looking at the side of her face, she turned and looked up at me with those big brown eyes, all innocence and curiosity and endearing pink cheeks. "What?" She whispered to me, unsure why I'd been staring. I just shook my head and waved a hand dismissively, brushing it off. I didn't know why I was still staring either. "I didn't know you could eat that fast. You should've shown me when you were eating those scooby fruit snacks in the gym." I teased, and she blushed an even brighter pink. "I was hungry!" She huffed defensively, making me smile to myself and playfully nudge her in the side with my elbow.

"You two seem to be getting along pretty well." My dad said right as I went to say something to her, making me go quiet. I froze, staring down her innocent face before I awkwardly looked at my dad and pursed my lips. "I mean, I guess." I said casually, shrugging my shoulders weakly. I didn't need them to think we were friends, because we weren't. Delilah wasn't really the type of person I hung out with.

Sure, she was beautiful and she seemed nice, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that she was naive. Plus, she's weird and far too different from me for us to be likely friends.

My dad grinned at me and I almost cringed, recognizing that glint in his eyes. There was something on his mind and I didn't want to know what, not even a little. "Excuse me for a minute." I blurted to everyone at the table, standing up before my dad could get another word out. I pushed in my chair and glanced at Delilah, who had her brows furrowed in confusion as she looked at me. I looked away and quickly left the kitchen, wandering around aimlessly when I realized I had no fucking idea where the bathroom or anything was. After a minute I just walked into Delilah's bedroom, deciding I'd use her bathroom instead since I had no idea where the guest bathroom could be.

I locked the bathroom door and ran a hand through my hair, looking at myself in the mirror. It was stupid but I found myself feeling a little bit anxious, thinking about the fact that I had somehow managed to get involved in Delilah's life, even if it wasn't by my own will necessarily. I was only here because of my dad, but that didn't change the fact that I had just taken a giant step into her life, just as she had taken one into mine.