17

~Delilah's POV~

"Come here already, goddamn." Luke grunted in frustration, peering up at me from where he sat. I shifted uncomfortably and felt my cheeks flush, his gaze making me feel like he could see right through me.

"I don't know about this, Luke...What if I do it wrong?" I asked nervously, playing with my fingertips. He rolled his eyes and shot me an exasperated look. "It doesn't matter. Hurry up." He insisted, staring at me intently. My face burned and I reluctantly walked over to him, sitting down across from him on the grass in my backyard. "Um," I cleared my throat and felt my face burn as I sat down with my legs tucked under me, my feet beneath my butt. "Is it okay if I sit like this?" I asked awkwardly.

Luke sent me an exasperated look. "Bubbles, you're fine, for fucks sake. Just sit your ass down and stay down. Don't move, either." He told me, shooting me a look as he eyed my features. I just curtly nodded my head and continued to sit there stiffly, waiting for him to begin drawing me like he was supposed to. I understood he was supposed to draw a portrait of someone for his art class and I didn't mind that he had decided to pick me—though only because he had nobody else to choose really—but it made me nervous to have him looking at me as intently as he was. He was just so handsome that I felt ugly when he looked at me.

I gently fiddled with my fingers in my lap, watching his hand as he drew on the piece of paper in front of him, shielding it in such a way that it was impossible for me to see his drawing. Every few seconds he would glance up at me, his blue eyes looking me over in a scrutinizing way, taking in all my features. "Sit up a little bit straighter, bubbles. You look like a hunchback right now." He muttered, causing me to immediately sit straighter again. I hadn't even realized that I had slumped over like that. "Sorry." I apologized weakly, embarrassed. How could I have sat so unladylike in front of him?

For a while we just sat there in a comfortable silence, leaving me to listen to the wind rustling through the tree leaves as Luke drew me. When he finished about twenty minutes later he lifted his paper quickly, still refusing to let me see it. I couldn't help but to pout at him. "Can I see?" I asked, hopeful. I mean, I had just sat here completely still for him for at least thirty minutes. Plus, I was a little bit curious to see the drawing, even though I obviously already knew what my face looked like. But I wanted to see the way that I looked to him, to see the way he had drawn me. "You sure you want to see?" Luke asked with a frown on his lips, raising his brow at me with u certainty, like he doubted that I actually did. "Please?" I smiled softly and cocked my head to the side. I was not above pleading.

He took so long to give in that I was almost completely sure that he wasn't going to show me at all. We just sat there for maybe a minute straight, staring at each other whilst he considered whether or not he wanted to let me see it. "Okay, then." He decided finally, nodding his head. If I wasn't mistaken, he sounded a little bit amused, but I didn't pay it any mind. I just grinned excitedly and leaned over. But when he turned the paper to me, it was not what I was expecting to see.

Because on the paper was a small, poorly drawn caricature of me, with big eyes and a face that actually looked quite like mine. That wasn't the part that caught my attention—it was the body.

He had drawn me with a small waist, and a set of horrifically big breasts. It just looked like two melons! And the bottom half of my body was just as big as the chest!

My eyes widened and my face burned with embarrassment, jaw slacked in shock at the little drawing that was supposed to be me. "Luke!" I exclaimed in a voice of disbelief, gaping at him. Instead of looking ashamed or apologetic he just guffawed loudly, his shoulders shaking as the paper crumpled slightly in his grip when he gripped too tightly. "What?" He cackled. "Come on, you can't tell me it isn't accurate. It looks just like you!" He exclaimed when he calmed his laughter a bit, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.