15

~Luke's POV~

Being able to hear the way that Delilah was giggling and whispering with Tate was enough in itself to make my stomach churn. But when I had seen him so close to her, with his arm around her shoulder, my chest felt hot and tight. I didn't like seeing him hung all over her.

I tried to listen to Kailee as she was speaking, whispering and giggling at me about the things she wanted to do with me. The girl clearly had no shame about the fact that we were in public, being that she kept inching her hand dangerously high up my thigh and I repeatedly had to push it away. She was trying to make a direct grab for my crotch. Now, this would normally be something that I wouldn't be too opposed to, but I just wasn't really feeling up to it right then. I couldn't focus on her, not with Delilah right across from me, smiling and giggling at Tate. I never thought I'd be feeling jealous of someone talking to Delilah, much less had I thought I'd be jealous of my own friend.

Why am I even jealous in the first place, though? It's not like she's my girlfriend. For fuck's sake, she and I aren't even really friends. I can't be jealous like this.

Frowning to myself, I glanced back over at Delilah and Tate, who were talking quietly with one another again. He still had his arm around her and she didn't even look like she cared. Was it possible that she'd lied to me? Were they actually more than just friends? Delilah didn't seem like the type to lie, nor did she seem like the type to date anyone honestly. Or perhaps it was just that Delilah didn't seem like the type anyone would date. She was gorgeous, but she was an oddball sometimes.

Even so, Delilah was oddly alluring to me, in a way that made me frustrated with both her and myself. Maybe it was her innocence or how sweet she was, or maybe it was just the fact that I thought she was drop dead gorgeous. Maybe this wasn't even really jealousy, and maybe I didn't want anything more from her but her body. Or maybe that's just what I'm hoping the case is.

Frustrated, I ran a hand through my hair and looked back at Kailee again, who hadn't even noticed that I wasn't really paying attention to her anymore. Kailee was hot but I didn't really care about much else with her. She didn't seem to care about much else with me, either, so it was fine with me. However I couldn't find it in me to get any closer to her than letting her touch my thigh. It was odd. Some part of me felt weird when she'd try to kiss me anywhere, or when she tried to touch me. I felt...like I should be stopping her, so I always did. I'd never felt that until recently.

The bell suddenly rang and everyone practically sprang out of their seats, Kailee being the first to separate from the group. That left behind Tate, Delilah and the other girl. I didn't remember her name, or if she'd even given it to me in the first place. The girl left afterwards and Tate waited on Delilah, watching her as she got out of her seat and swung her backpack over her shoulder. She somehow managed to swing her bag on so roughly that she smacked herself in the back of the head with it, making her stumble in surprise. Tate just guffawed while I fought a smile, watching as her cute face turned a bright pink.

"You're such a fucking clutz!" Tate snickered, teasing her. She gently swatted him on the chest and glanced over at me shyly, probably wondering if I had seen that. I smirked at her in amusement and she turned an even brighter shade of pink, looking beyond embarrassed as she shuffled, playing with the skirt of her white floral dress. It was short and fluttered around her thick thighs, her knees gently brushing one another as her white high tops kicked gently at the floor—this seemed to be a habit she had when she was flustered or embarrassed. I'd noticed her doing it several times before. For some reason, I just thought it was fucking cute, and it was so very like her that it was endearing somehow.

She was so herself, all the time, that it was endearing.

**

I didn't see Delilah again until PE class, when I walked out of the boy's locker room and saw Delilah rushing towards the gym from down the hall, still wearing her dress and with her backpack slung over one shoulder. She must've been held back and got here a little later than normal.