The energy met, nether peaceful nor volatile, each just swirling with acquaintance.

John breathed in slow and deep, mumbling to himself lowly.
"Let's give this a go...."

He lightly flicked the wand again.

"Lumos."

CRACK

BOP

John's hands flew up to cover his head as half the store's lights blew out, the one above him showering him in shards.

"Oh my..."

Ollivander moved to checked his other lamps and light bulbs, trying to determine what conditions they took.

After laying the wand on the counter, John brushed the glass off him, the bits and pieces sounding akin to chimes as they met the wood floor.

He winced as a few bit into his hands and fingers.

He ignored them to finish off cleaning himself, then lowering to the floor to pick up bigger chunks.

"Tck, don't bother Constantine."

He rose up to meet his professor,
"Why not?"

Snape rolled his eyes.
"You don't need to bother physically picking up your mess."

He plucked his wand out of seemingly thin air, waving it to one side of the room.

John watched as the pieces of glass, big and small, lifted themselves up and hovered to a bin in the corner.

A trash can.

His eyes flicked down as there was new movement in his face.
The large bits floated out of his hands and followed the rest.

Huh.
Handy.

Easy ass way of dealing with confetti John'll tell you that much.

As the show was over, John turned back to the counter, leaning over it again.
Unfortunately John was still stuck with the ones in his hands, ones in which he started remove as he waited.

Ollivander was content with knowing that they wouldn't need to replace the lights on the back.

Another negative reaction.

Curiouser and curiouser.

A picky thing young Mr. Constantine's magic is.

He had never heard of the last name Constantine....there wasn't one name that the wand master didn't remember coming into his shop, not even the very first day he opened.

His magic was strong, that much was definite, but hopefully like Mr. Potter and Mr. Riddle, he could find the right one to tame and pair with him.

John felt his eye twitch as he finally grabbed hold of the stubborn shard and yanked it out of his palm's skin.

"Well...I think that it's going rather well."
John said this absentmindedly, mostly to himself really.