Twenty Seven: the party prep 🎄

(Here's a super long one! Know that I read every single one of your comments, and I appreciate and love them! Thank you. Keep em coming the spam of comments really helps me figure out what you guys like and don't so I can really cater the story to the reader<3)

"Christmas is THIS Friday dude can you believe that," I said smacking Matthews arm lightly.

We were sitting around his... I mean... our coffee table making lists of things to do and get for baby time.

"Matthew," I laughed seeing what he was scratching down. "Stop that..."

"What, this is important stuff too. Pumpkin costume, Santa hat..." he trailed off.

"You just want to decorate our baby."

"Yes. This is going to be the worlds coolest kid. Or so uncool that it's cool."

"When did you say your friends are flying out for our Christmas party? I want to plan a brunch with Janie before we do that."

"Oh! Shemar gets here..." Matthew muttered while checking his texts, "tomorrow!"

"And paget?"

"She's coming Christmas Day. So she'll miss the party but be here for the big family dinner. And my friends Kirsten, AJ, and Daniel are coming for the party too, have you met them?"

My internal fangirl would usually fire up at the thought of meeting Kirsten Vangsness, AJ Cook, and Daniel Henney, but the baby hormones restricted that to pure nausea instead.

"Sorry, be right back," I was short. I got up from the couch and skittered away to the ensuite. Matthew followed me of course.

Every time I had a bout of morning sickness Matthew came to rub my back and hold my hair.

"You're getting pretty good at this hey," he laughed.

"Shut up."

I turned to lean myself against the bathtub while Matthew handed me a warm cloth and my toothbrush.

"Thank you babe." He smiled and pressed a kissed against my forehead. Then he kissed two fingers and landed them on my belly.

"I'll give you a minute. I'm going to call the team and make sure they're all set to be here Wednesday... tomorrow, for the party. Then we can tell them all the news at the same time." Matthew stood up and shuffled out, leaving me alone on the bathroom floor.

I thought it was so adorable that he called them all "the team". It made me incredibly nervous to think that tomorrow we'd be throwing a Christmas party with all of our closest friends and I'd be finally telling everyone that I'm pregnant. When it's just me and Matthew it sometimes feels like a little dream. Telling everyone will suddenly make it more real and I wasn't sure I was ready for that yet.

I was hardly showing, at 81/2 weeks. Sometimes after lunch I looked extra bloated but that's about as pregnant as I looked this early on. Nobody would know unless we told them.

Matthew and I spent the rest of the day preparing for the party. Matthew put up some garland he made himself and some lights around a tall crooked tree we picked together. I made sure there was plenty of seating available and enough counter space for the appetizers we'd have. We placed an order at a cafe in town, Matthew would go pick up the food in the morning while I was on airport duty.

It made me anxious to think that I'd be picking up Shemar and Ana from the airport by myself. But it was easier for Shemar to evade paparazzi if it wasn't a fellow celebrity picking him up.