They all look at me surprised that I have this information, and they all look at Jahní. One young female Ensign looks at us and I can see the light come on in her face. "Captain, is this..."

"Well." I look around and I can see the conspiratorial looks being given around the bridge. "I would like to remind everyone that we are all on duty and this is a military vessel, so please refrain from what's going on and attend to your jobs."

"Yes, Sir!" They all answer in unison. These guys are a pain in my ass. Honestly though, This crew is a good one and I'm proud to command them and without reservation I go into combat, with these men and women.

turning to Jahní. "You know we can spend a day or two here, if you wish." It seems so long ago now, but I wouldn't mind.

She looks at the Ice world smiling. "Would it be alright to do that?"

"I think It would be fine to go down, and see if everything is ok." She nods and puts her hand on her belly. "does the baby agree?"

"Yes, the baby agrees with you." She looks at some of the bridge crew who're grinning at our conversation.

I give the location for the palace and instruct them to take a Geo synchronous orbit over it. "Comms let the shuttle bay know that we will take a ride
down to the palace."

"Aye Sir." I stand up taking Jahní by the waist. "Mr. Walters you have the com."

"Aye Aye, Sir." He stands taking the Captains chair. I walk out with Jahní and head for our quarters, since we have to get some thing to take down for a day or two, and Jahní needs to see her home and her staff. Stepping in to our quarters I get a small bag, as does jahní. She likes to travel light compared to most women I know.

We're ready in moments and we're headed down to the shuttle bay. Doc is there with some examination devices. "Now, so there are no question I'm not in favor of the Princess leaving the ship at all, but I won't stop you."

I look at Jahní and her expression is enough to let her come along. "It's fine Doc. We're headed into friendly waters here."

He has a dubious expression, but he lets her go. We climb aboard the shuttle with five Marines who strap themselves in, while I help Jahní secure herself. She takes my hand and squeezes it; I look at her and she has a tender expression on her face. I squeez her hand back touching her face. "You ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I just hope that my staff is not upset with me still." I can understand that, but I briefed the Staff sergeant about the capabilities of her people down there.

"I think it'll be fine." I sit strapping myself in, as the shuttle lifts off headed planet side.

We enter the main hall and the staff bows their welcome to us, but it seems stiff, cold and formal. I notice that Jahní is saddened, though no one noticed. She inclines her head and the staff take our bags and take us to the room I had used, as the Marines set a guard outside the door. The rest take the room right next to ours.

Jahní sits down and she drops her head. "They hate me now. I don't think they will forgive for killing Kohan-to that time."

Take her hand kneeling before her raising her head with my forefinger, so I can look into her eyes. "You did what had to be done then; if you hadn't I wouldn't be here now with you." She smiles touching my face. "You need to talk to them and make it clear what happened, and why you did it."

She inhales deeply letting go her breath slowly, strengthening her resolve to put her house in order. "I will call a staff meeting immediately to clear the air, with them." She send a call to the maid on call for us. The Girl enters the room looking a bit gloomy, while standing at he door. "Come in please."

She does as ordered. "How may I sever you my Lady Princess?" This is the one who was her confidant.

Jahní anger flares at this girl, as she stands up and she says something in their language that seems to shake the girl out of her stupor. She Bows to Jahní very deeply, as tears roll down her cheeks. Jahní's face softens and she opens her arms and the girl runs to her crying hugging Jahní. "Forgive me my princess Jahlahín!"

Jahní holds her tightly. "You have nothing to apologize for, but I need the staff to meet in the dinning room where I can speak to them; I owe them an explanation." The girl looks at Jahní  nodding her understanding. "They are to go immediately; I will join them there momentarily." She smiles and for the first time she gazes at Jahní's belly putting her hand on it and Jahní puts her hand on the maids, and they both smile.

They are true friends, and now they can share in the joy of the child that is on the way. I take a seat, as the maid hurries to do Jahní's bidding. "Is everything ok with her?"

Jahní nods smiling. "I think it will be fine now. I have to speak with all of them, and tell them the truth that I didn't do back then."

I breath in letting it out slowly. "Do you want me there with you."

"Yes please... I need your support now."

I figured she would. "You have it and more."

In fifteen minutes all the staff and Jahní and I are in the dinning room, with one Marine guard by the door. They all have a tense look about them their faces filled with apprehension, so Jahní move to each one looking them all in the face. Studying each one of them one by one and I can see the nervousness in their faces, with being scrutinized so closely.

Her silver eyes can make you feel self doubt. "I have brought all of you here for I must explain what occurred here all those months ago." They all look at each others faces. "I am aware that some of you did not approve of my pledging with Captain Valdez, but that is not for you to trouble yourself over." She glances at me for a moment. "Kohan-to... I loved him dearly, but he mad a decision that would have ended in tragedy ether way.

The staff are listening attentively. "He tried to kill my pledged in front of me, which I was not going to allow." The all seem shocked at this news.

"My Lady Princess." It's the other male in the staff. "Why would he have done such a thing?"

Jahní turns to me then back her staff. "He felt that I had lowered myself to the level of animals by choosing this man, and felt he had to make the correction himself." She points to me and the staff all turn in my direction. "The humans are not animals, they are wonderful, kind and loving beings. Not perfect. Also evil exist in all people, so do not fear I am not so naive."

The male has some doubt on his face. "I see his point and to be honest I would probably have done the same, but I'm willing to give this human a chance to prove himself."

"He has nothing to prove to you!" Jahní's face turns hard towards this male. "Are you going to try to hurt him?" It was more of a warning than a question.

He bows quickly. "I would not dare my Lady Princess!"

She cools down a bit, but still holds that stern face. "I will let you all know this now; I will show no mercy to any one who harms or attempts to harm my pledged, is that understood?" they all nod and bow except for her friend, who smiles at her then at me bowing in my direction. Thank God this is over.