Chapter 3

Rick and Simon stand in your home, the last one to be searched. Simon is looking around the house. "How long will Y/N be gone?" he asks.

Rick looks at him, "Why does it matter to you? Do you know each other?" he asks. Simon turns, "I think you know the answer to that. Again, how long will she be gone?" he asks.

"I'm not sure. Could be a couple of days. A week. I don't know. Depends on how far she wants to go." Rick replies.

"You know, it's awful cozy here. She always did have good taste when it came to interior design." Simon says as he looks around, "Daryl isn't here, we know that now. However, I'm going to wait for Y/N to come back. Whether it's in a couple of days or a week. I'll be here." he says.

Rick furrows his brows, "My people will not feel comfortable with you here." Simon sighs, "I don't give a shit how your people feel. I won't be a bother. It'll be me, and one of my guys. That's it. The rest go back to Negan."

"Y/N won't like seeing you here," Rick tells him. "I know. Which is exactly why I'll be here." Simon says as he walks out.

Simon walks over to the Saviors, talks to them a little bit, and picks one to stay with him, while the others go back to the Sanctuary. The trucks and Jeeps leave and Simon and the man with him go back to your home.

You've been out for almost two days, it's almost dark out and you're only a couple of miles from home. You might as well tough it out. All you found was a few canned goods, a knife, and a rifle. Jackpot.

You finally approach the gates and it's opened for you. You sigh as it shuts behind you. You drop off your goods and start walking home.

You walk up to your porch steps and see a light on. Did I leave that on? you think to yourself. You walk in and set your stuff down. You walk into the kitchen and make yourself something to eat. You're so tired, you don't register the footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hey, sweetheart," he says. You put your spoon down as you realize whose voice it is. "Why are you still here? Daryl isn't," you ask, without turning to look at him.

"We need to talk, Y/N." Simon says, softly. You sigh, "Fine. But we're not doing it tonight. I'm so tired." you reply, putting your dish in the sink. You finally turn and look at him, the lamp in your living room gently illuminating the room behind him.

"I waited for a couple of days, I can wait one more night." he says as he gives you a gentle look. You nod and grab your bag from the counter, "Where have you been sleeping?" you ask him.

"Couch. It's pretty comfy," he says. You nod, "Cool, tonight's your last night." you sigh, "Goodnight, Simon." you say, tiredly, as you walk up the stairs. "Night." he replies, lingering at the bottom of the stairs.

You go into your room and flip the light on. You drop your bag and change into your sleep clothes. Simon's t-shirt. Probably not a good idea to keep wearing it, but, it's helped you sleep better than anything.

You sigh, your back cracking as you lay down in your bed again. Your thoughts slow down, as you fall into a deep sleep.