New Guy, New Life

Chapter 1

I woke up, cold and wet. My room was bright from the sunlight. It was 7am, and I had waked from my worst nightmare, my mother had married my English teacher.

"Louise! Wake up! Jack's gonna take you to college this morning!" My mother shouted.

It wasn't a dream, it was my life.

Jack Hill: My English teacher and in 2 weeks time, my step father.

I got up out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I tied my long, curly, blonde hair into a bun and turned the shower on and got in, the hot water was calming, I forgot about the fact that I was going to school with my teacher. That my teacher was attempting to replace my father. He should stick to teaching, not parenting children who do not need him.

I got out the shower and dried myself with my fluffy blue towel and wandered over to my wardrobe. What to wear? It was sunny outside, but it is also January, highly doubt it is warm outside. Black Leggings, a blue jumper and my Ugg boots. Sounds good to me.

I took my hair out of a bun and let it fall naturally. I brushed my side fringe ensuring it looked okay, I also applied my makeup. Grabbing my bag, I walked downstairs and entered the kitchen grabbing a slice of toast my mum made me.

"Morning sweetheart" My mum smiled happily whilst pouring milk into my younger sister's cereal.

"Morning, I don't need a lift, I'll get the bus with Shannon" I said, I didn't fancy the idea of getting a lift with Jack and risk getting seen by someone.

"Jack is taking me to school Louise!" My little sister Megan exclaimed. I smiled half heartedly, she really liked him, at least she didn't go to the school he taught at, yet.

"I already have plans to meet Shannon, I'll tell her that you said hello?"

"Yeah!" Megan sang.

I walked into the hallway grabbing my coat from the cupboard and put it on. My mum came over to me.

"I'm not stupid." She looked at me with the; I wasn't born yesterday look.

"I just don't want to get a lift." I whined quietly

She looked at me and sighed.

"I just want you two to bond"

"Mum, you can't make me like him. He's my teacher, fine. I'm not going to let him be my Dad" I said annoyed that she would even think we could 'bond' outside of school.

"Please, Louise I-"

"No." I cut her off and walked out of the house slamming the door behind me. I checked my phone, it was 8am, and my bus was due in 2 minutes. I ran out of my street as fast as my legs could take me, zooming around the corner, the bus stop was in sight, and so was the bus. Don't leave. Don't leave. Don't leave! It left, No! I got to the bus stop just as it left. Good times.

I looked at the bus times sheet, the next bus to school was in 20 minutes. I was not getting to college on time. I sat down on the cold metal bench. 5 minutes later a black BMW pulls up in front of me and the window winds down.

"Missed the bus?" Jack asked looking sympathetic. "Get in Louise!" He shouted. I looked at him, then looked at the road. I was cold. So I got in.

"Drop me off in the street before though." I said not once looking at him. I could feel him staring at me.

"Whatever you wish Louise" He said sighing and turning the car back on. He was trying hard to make me like him, but it wasn't going to happen. Not now, not ever.

The car was awkwardly silent, and I didn't plan on changing that, so I got my iPod out of my bag and put my earphones in, pressed play and turned the music up full blast. Jack tapped me on the shoulder and I looked at him with narrow eyes and yanked my earphones out.

"Problem?" I asked rudely

"You're singing! And you can't sing Lou!" My sister laughed from the back of the car. I turned around and a smile made its way to my face.

"Thanks Megan, I love you too" I said sarcastically.

"Maybe I'll put the radio on so you don't have to sing bad songs badly" Jack laughed turning on the radio. I rolled my eyes and turned it back off.

"I like those songs thank you very much." I told him looking out of the window. The car stopped and we were outside Megan's school.

"See you later Megan" Jack smiled, I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Jack" Megan replied cheerfully.

"Bye Megs, Dad's picking you up from school" I reminded her. Her face light up and she nodded enthusiastically and got out of the car. Jack looked at me and shook his head.

"What?" I asked angelically.

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Make me look like the bad guy, give me attitude, I'm pretty sure I could give you 100 things that you do to try and turn her against me" He huffed.

"I don't do anything, whereas you are trying to replace my father. It isn't going to happen Jack." I told him moodily.

"I know. I'm not trying to; I'm trying to make you like me!"

"You're trying too hard Jack, stop the car, I'll get out here". I waited for the car to come to a Holt and got out slamming the door behind me. I started walking down the street and his car drove away towards school.

He's trying way too hard.