C H A P T E R S I X : P A R T II

"No No No and No"

"No No No and No"

I say releasing a heavy breath— leaning back against the pleated indents of my headboard.

Attempting to any comfortable position on my bed—crossing my legs underneath each other, pulling the loose threaded white blanket over me.

Regarding Alex and Maya with a look that say's "I don't care I'm not going".

Tucking the wayward strand of wavy brown hair behind my ear, as blonde featherlight pieces fall against my forehead from my not so attractive messy bun that's mounted on top of my head.

As you can see I'm going for an attractive look right now. 

Combined with the fact that the girls are trying to drag me out to a party tonight, is really conflicting with the self pity party I was planning on having for myself.

Ugh.

Everything was going so well— had a meeting with the head athletic director in charge of the program my internships with at the Health Center, it finally felt like something in my life was going right.

And then I log on to instagram and the first thing I see is a video of Brett making out with Makenna Mason, that daunting sight did little heal the resolve I had and my already shattered confidence took a major hit.

it's not even like I still won't him because I don't, but it's the fact that he can move on so quickly without any regard with the same girl he cheated on me with after the complete humiliation and emotional turmoil he put me through, just goes to show how much a manipulative dick he really was.

We've been broken up for three weeks and it's not like I didn't expect him to move on, but how easily he's flaunting around his new hookup, makes the three years we were together like was nothing, like I mean't nothing to him—not gonna lie it hurt.

The sweet scent of my coconut and papaya from my diffusor wafts it's self through my room, bringing a sense of calmness over me, I'm definitely going to need it.

Alex pins me with a look that suggest I love you, but you're going even if I have to drag you out tonight. Which won't put past her if she tried.

"I don't know you guys, I don't think I'm in the best mood to go out tonight" I say letting the statement it linger. Various articles of clothing linger at the foot of my bed—a short black leather mini skirt, a mesh red bodysuit, lavender purple mini dress, a black crop top and denim shorts that I'm pretty sure are a size too small.

"Come on, It'll be fun Ev—just think about it we'll get all dolled up and hot, do a couple shots  of tequila and dance—say a big fuck you too he who shall not be named and then find some hot guy to get your mind off him for a while" Alex praises, wiggling her brows a little in a giddy expression.

I know she serious and  would make it a priority for me to have a good time.

She stands from her crouched position in front of my mirror, wiping the small smudges of mascara from under her eye—falling on the opposite side of me bed beside me.

"Gee, that sounds so appealing, wish I would of thought of that" I quip dryly—rolling my eyes, but from my tone she can tell I'm being sarcastic.

Her lips quirking in the slightest trying to keep herself from breaking into a wide grin. "Alright, don't be a smart-ass" Al nudges my shoulder playfully, rolling her eyes "—but seriously I think it would be good for you, heard it's a blacklight party."

I turn over groaning into my pillow, the cottony pieces of fabric sticking to my mouth as I dip in the mattress besides me pulls me from my position.

"Oh no you don't" Hannah grips my shoulder, sitting at the edge of my bed "I can see that brain of yours turning Evan. Your over-analyzing the situation and don't tell me that you weren't going to throw yourself a self-pity party because I know you Evan" she lets out a deep breath, regarding me with a torn expression.

"look I know you've convinced yourself that seeing that picture isn't bothering you, but we know it is" Han looks towards Alex, " if you don't won't to go, we won't force you to and well stay too because I'm not going to let you cry over a guy that clearly never deserved you in the first place"

She's right and I hate I'm remotely letting this have an effect on me. " I know" I utter softly.

"But for what it's worth the sweetest revenge is to show him  and all these other guys what they're missing out on and you don't even have to drink, just come out with us?"

There's no need for contemplation cause I had already made my mind up.

"Fine , Fine I'm going" I stand up to get ready, as Al swats at my butt lightly.

I hope this night is what they say, a means to forget.

• Authors Note •

Hi guys! I had this little scene thought up to go perfectly to help understand Evans POV in regards to the next chapter!

Happy reading!

Xx Kaci