𝐗

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐆𝐎 𝐎𝐅𝐅, 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐃. she was not impressed to say the least as she picked it up, only to be met with the bright voice of eli. "get up and get ready, we're going out, i'll be at yours in twenty minutes, sunshine." was all she heard before he hung up, causing het to look at her phone, confused. that sounded nothing like eli, he had sounded a lot more confident and snarky, shrugging the girl got out of bed getting ready, not really making much effort today as she really couldn't be bothered.

just as she finished lacing up her bust up vans, the girl heard a knock on the door, causing her to run out of her room and open the door since both her siblings were at work. aurora was greeted by a smiling eli, she let the boy in as she went to grab her jacket, shoving her house keys and phone in the pockets before she turned to him with an eyebrow raised. "what was so important you had to get me out of bed at half nine on a saturday" she said, as the two were exiting her house, walking to god knows where. "well, the sensei at cobra kai said we should flip the scrip, thats exactly what i'm gonna do." he said looking at the girl with a smirk as he threw is arm around her shoulders. aurora gave him a questioning look, then shrugging it off as a hair salon came into sight, just exactly what was he gonna do.

two hours later, eli walked out of the hair salon with a rather new look, a mohawk with the tips dyed a dark blue, aurora couldn't help but nod slightly in approval when he asked if it looked good. she had to admit it suited him, and the boy was now telling her his ideas about getting a tattoo. "you gonna come in, maybe watch today?" he questioned, turning to look at the smaller girl, as they stood outside the dojo, a small smile on his lips. aurora gave him an unsure look, before giving in, she still didn't want to be around miguel, but it was for one of her other best friends and she couldn't say no to him. "fine, just this once." she smiled, as he grinned at her, the two of them entering the dojo, elis arm once again around the girls shoulders. "welcome to cobra kai." was heard from the sensei as the two walked in, everyone turning to look at them as miguel gave eli a shocked look, and turned his attention to aurora, his eyes eyeing the arm around her shoulder. aurora ignored the look, as she gave a small smile to aisha who returned it, whilst eli removed his arms from around her shoulders.

"eli, what happened." miguel questioned, his tone surprised as he looked at his close friend, earning a small smirk from the boy as he responded. "i'm flipping the script." he said, his voice full of confidence as the sensei took few steps closer to him, suddenly coming to realisation. "wait, are you the kid with the lip? nice cut, bro." he said amazed, whilst he turned around to then face his students, pointing at eli. "you see that? doesn't matter if you're a loser, nerd or freak, all that matters is that you become badass." he said, walking back to his original spot, turning to look at eli again. "hawk, fall in." he told the boy, earning a smirk off of him, as the newly named hawk kicked his shoes off, getting onto the mat.

aurora couldnt help the smile that grew on her face, seeing how confident eli had gotten, although she already knew he'd be telling her to call him hawk instead of eli now. she sat in the corner, watching proudly as the lesson continued. once the lesson was done, miguel quickly jogged up to her, gently grabbing her arm before she left, causing her to look at him with a sigh. "do you need something?" she asked quietly, avoiding eye contact. "yeah, i do actually. i just wanna know why you've been avoiding me?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows as she let finally looked up at him, a hard expression taking over her face. "because, recently it seems like all you care about is sam, it got annoying, she was all you spoke about. for the past week and a half you didn't once ask me how things were, miguel." she told him, watching how his expression softened as she spoke. "i- i'm sorry, rory, i didn't realise that i was getting too carried away, you're my best friend, i should've paid more attention to you when you were feeling down" he said sadly, as the girl sighed once again. "its whatever now, lets just forget about it, ok. i'll see you later." she said softly, pulling him int for a very quick hug before she left the dojo, making her way home.

aurora knew things weren't gonna go back to normal, not whilst her feelings kept growing for him, it was killing her, she didn't wanna feel this way about him any longer. at some point the girl knew she'd have to come clean about her feelings and after hours of mentally arguing about it with herself, she decided she was gonna do it on monday. sooner rather than later was always better, right? aurora was prepared for the worst, she already knew he had zero feelings for her, she just wasn't completely ready to face the rejection.